Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hailey555 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2012, 03:24 PM
    Unprotected sex ahhhhh!
    Hi, before you guys start with the lectures, I know having unprotected sex is stupid and irresponsible, but it happened:/ anyway, me and my boyfriend have been together for quite a while and we decided we were going to have sex one night. We had unprotected sex and he came inside me. We did that a few times that night. Then we did it 3 days later again, same conditions, and he came again:/ I did the math, and it was about 2 weeks after I had my period, give or take a few days. I know I should just wait until my next period is due but its driving me crazy and I just want to know what the odds are that I'm pregnant. Please help
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 03:37 PM
    The odds are pretty good. You not only had unprotected sex, but you had unprotected sex during what is the most fertile time for most women.

Now you have to play the waiting game. If you're religious, I suggest you start praying. The odds really aren't in your favor, unless you're trying to conceive.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 5, 2012, 04:38 PM
    How old are you and what do you consider quite a while?

As Alty said you had multiple instances of unprotected sex during a likely fertile time. So the odds favor being pregnant. I hope if you dodge this bullet you will have lerned your lesson and stop your stupid and irresponsible behavior.
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 04:09 AM
    If you're not on birth control, and you are fertile. You've probably got yourself a baby. Sometimes you learn your lesson, but this isn't something that should be learnt the hard way. I would strongly suggest talking to your parents, this isn't something to play around with at a young age. I am assuming you're a teenager, posting in the Teens section.

Jun 6, 2012, 04:51 AM
    Im 16 and not on birth control, thanks for the help guys, altys right just going to have to play the waiting game:(

Jun 6, 2012, 04:52 AM
    We've been together for 4 months, coming up to 5

Jun 6, 2012, 05:54 AM
    Frankly, that doesn't qualify as "quite a awhile" at least not to me. I would consider a year or more as quite a while.

You didn't answer your ages either.

But the bottom line is you have to wait it out to see if you lucked out or not.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 06:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem View Post
    You didn't answer your ages either.
    She is 16, but did not say how old the boyfriend is.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailey555 View Post
    We've been together for 4 months, coming up to 5
    5 months is not a long time at all sweetheart, I wouldn't even think 5 months is enough to even tell if you're going to want to be with him the rest of your life. If you have a kid with him, you're near stuck with him now.

Jun 6, 2012, 06:36 AM
    I did say I'm 16. And my boyfriend is 17. Im sorry you don't think we've been together quite a while but to be honest I wasn't asking your opinion on that, I just decided to put that to give you some info about me. Thank you all for your advice though. So do I just have to wait?
    Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 06:46 AM
    Yes, Hailey, you have to wait. At your ages 4-5 months seems like a long time, but in reality it's not really all that long. You see, some married couples try to have babies for a year or longer before they actually get pregnant. In your case, however, you are not trying, but as you know, "things happen."

Just so you know, I deliver babies for a living and I can almost promise you that if you are pregnant, your relationship won't last too long. You see, you will be tied down with a baby and your BF will eventually want to have his freedom. He won't want to stay home 24/7 to feed a baby or change diapers.

I understand that you are not looking for opinions, but the people who have answered are all adults who have been in your position and/or are parents in a committed relationship.

As a labor and delivery nurse, I see this all the time with pregnant teens. Once the baby is born the boyfriend will say that the baby does not "look like" him, etc.

In the end, you have to wait to see if your next period comes before testing. If it doesn't, and you have to test, be sure to test using first morning urine and read the directions on the box very carefully as to when to read the test. If it says to read the test in 10 minutes and you wait until an hour later, you will get a false result.

Jun 6, 2012, 06:51 AM
    J_9 they actually get pregnant. In your case, however, you are not trying, but as you know, "things happen."

Just so you know, I deliver babies for a living and I can almost promise you that if you are pregnant, your relationship won't last too long. You see, you will be tied down with a baby and your BF will eventually want to have his freedom. He won't want to stay home 24/7 to feed a baby or change diapers.

I understand that you are not looking for opinions, but the people who have answered are all adults who have been in your position and/or are parents in a committed relationship.

As a labor and delivery nurse, I see this all the time with pregnant teens. Once the baby is born the boyfriend will say that the baby does not "look like" him, etc.

In the end, you have to wait to see if your next period comes before testing. If it doesn't, and you have to test, be sure to test using first morning urine and read the directions on the box very carefully as to when to read the test. If it says to read the test in 10 minutes and you wait until an hour later, you will get a false result.[/QUOTE]

Jun 6, 2012, 06:53 AM
    Thank you so much J_9. As a labor and delivery nurse, do you have any idea what my chances are that I'm not pregnant?

In the end, you have to wait to see if your next period comes before testing. If it doesn't, and you have to test, be sure to test using first morning urine and read the directions on the box very carefully as to when to read the test. If it says to read the test in 10 minutes and you wait until an hour later, you will get a false result.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Jun 6, 2012, 06:54 AM
    Thank you so much J_9. As a labor and delivery nurse, do you have any idea what my chances are that I'm not pregnant? I know I have to wait, I just want to be prepared for whatever I've got coming at me.
    Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 06:57 AM
    Your chances are 50/50 since you had sex at your most optimal time.

Jun 6, 2012, 06:58 AM
    By the way I'm sorry I sent quite a few messages then, internet kept sending messages too early. Last one important only:) also, if I'm pregnant I'm not going to be asking my boyfriend to stay at home 24/7. He's a teenage lad and I know he would need his space and I respect that. I would never ask him to give up his youth to help me

Jun 6, 2012, 06:59 AM
    Thank you J_9
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 07:15 AM
    by the way im sorry I sent quite a few messages then, internet kept sending messages too early. Last one important only:) also, if im pregnant im not going to be asking my boyfriend to stay at home 24/7. He's a teenage lad and I know he would need his space and I respect that. I would never ask him to give up his youth to help me

He will anyway, because I can guarantee your parents won't take full resposnsibility for that child, because even if you quit school and got a full time minimum wage job, you won't be able to support yourself and that child on your own. Your parents are going to have to help in some way, they'll probably make him pay child support.

Good luck.

Jun 6, 2012, 07:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by C0bra_M3nace View Post
    He will anyways, because I can guarantee your parents wont take full resposnsibility for that child, because even if you quit school and got a full time minumum wage job, you won't be able to support yourself and that child on your own. Your parents are going to have to help in some way, they'll probably make him pay child support.

Good luck.
    I've got a very big family and lots of people around me who could help me if I had a baby. They wouldn't force him to do anything, financially or otherwise. I literally just want some advice on my chances and J_9 I think has answered that. Im pretty scared so I need people to talk to and I'm not talking to my mum, because my mum doesn't even know I've had sex.I just need some statistics because then at least I have some actual numbers to go by while I have to wait

Jun 6, 2012, 08:06 AM
    Last one important only:) also, if im pregnant im not going to be asking my boyfriend to stay at home 24/7. He's a teenage lad and I know he would need his space and I respect that. I would never ask him to give up his youth to help me
    Excuse me? He shares the responsibility for you being forced to give up YOUR youth so why shouldn't he share the responsibility and loss of youth? Creatign a baby takes TWO and both need to raise the child.

I've got a very big family and lots of people around me who could help me if I had a baby. They wouldn't force him to do anything, financially or otherwise.
    We've heard that one plenty of times before. While you may have plenty of people who can help, its unrealistic to expect family to foot all the costs of raising a child. He contributed to this child and he needs to be responsible. I think you greatly underestimate what's involved in raising a child.

I literally just want some advice on my chances and J_9 I think has answered that. Im pretty scared so I need people to talk to and im not talking to my mum, because my mum doesn't even know I've had sex.I just need some statistics because then at least I have some actual numbers to go by while I have to wait
    There are no statistics that will help you. I don't know of anyone who can quantify the odds that a sperm will meet up with an egg. There are just too many factors. So the only thing you can do is what to see if you miss your period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex on because? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on Sprintec, and the day before yesterday I took my pill an hour late. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last night, and he pulled out, buy we're not sure if he pulled out in time. I'm mildly paranoid... Could I be pregnant? I mean, I know I COULD, but… thoughts?

Had unprotected sex and... [ 1 Answers ]

I had unpertected sex Saturday and I am having stomach cramps and I was dizzy a little this morning and its not time for my period

I had sex with my man unprotected than protected sex with a friend 2 days later, who [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend on 7/28/2010 , than I had sex with my new boyfriend, which he used a condom on 7/30/2010. On 8/7/2010 my breast started to swell and are very,very tender now. I think I'm pregnant but a bit scared becus I had sex with two guys so close even though the last...

My last period was on May 18-22 I had unprotected sex on May 24 and had sex again on [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was on May 18-22 I had unprotected sex on May 24 and had sex again on May 28,29,30 I calculated my ovulation on the computer and it said I ovulated on May 29. What are my chances that I will get pregnant??

Unprotected sex [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend got a little heated yesterday and things went past what we planned. He lost his virginity. It was real quick.. kind of an in out deal.. he was about to bust and realized no condom so he pulled out real quick and put on a condom. I know he didn't burst but I've heard the pull out...

View more questions Search