Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailey555 View Post
    I've got a very big family and lots of people around me who could help me if I had a baby. They wouldn't force him to do anything, financially or otherwise. I literally just want some advice on my chances and J_9 I think has answered that. Im pretty scared so I need people to talk to and im not talking to my mum, because my mum doesn't even know I've had sex.I just need some statistics because then at least I have some actual numbers to go by while I have to wait
    Hey, when they start selling real estate in that fantasy world let me know, I'll be one of the first to move in. So your parents don't even know your having sex, yet you think they're going to be delighted enough that your having a baby, at 16 I might add, that they're going to help you financially, oh please.

Sweetheart, you're not even mature enough to be in a relationship, let alone having sex, if you think your life is just going to be a breeze if you have a kid. If you piss on that test and it shows that you're pregnant you're in one hell of a spiral kid. It's just too bad you couldn't wrap your head around that in the first place.

I wish you the best of luck kid, I really do, because you're going to find out the hard way what it means to have a child, and how hard it really is to raise one.
    Hailey555 Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2012, 08:28 AM
    Elp you. I don't know of anyone who can quantify the odds that a sperm will meet up with an egg. There are just too many factors. So the only thing you can do is what to see if you miss your period.[/QUOTE]

Jun 6, 2012, 08:31 AM
    Firstly, I know exactly what's involved in raising a child. Secondly, ever heard of adoption? Im not having a go, I'm just saying.

I know there are lots of factors that affect the chances, but surely there's something? I think you underestimate how horrible waiting is for me! Im on holiday and all I can think of is am I pregnant! Please, if anyone has any statistics, tell me. I just need something to calm me down. And thank you sol gor Irving to give me help and info
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 08:39 AM
    Firstly, I know exactly what's involved in raising a child. Secondly, ever heard of adoption? Im not having a go, im just saying.

I know there are lots of factors that affect the chances, but surely there's something?! I think you underestimate how horrible waiting is for me! Im on holiday and all I can think of is am I pregnant!? Please, if anyone has any statistics, tell me. I just need something to calm me down. And thankyou sol gor Irving to give me help and info
    I can tell you right now you have absolutely no idea what it takes to raise a child. Trust me. I'd tell your mother you could be pregnant, that way it doesn't come as such a surprise, and possibly ruin the relationship with your parents. To be honest, you should have talked to you mother before you even began having sex, but you learnt your lesson didn't you?
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 08:41 AM
    Sweetheart I am helping you. You're just too immature to realize that yet either. Someday you'll take what I said, hopefully that day is soon, like if you aren't pregnant and your next period does come. I would hope that you'd take that as lesson learned, talk to your parents about having sex, let them put you on a proper birth control and help you so you don't go ruin your childhood like you just may have.

Someday, that's right someday you'll thank what I said.

Jun 6, 2012, 08:42 AM
    I can tell you right now I know exactly what raising a child involves. Whether you believe that or not, doesn't bother me. So your telling me to tell my mum? And if I'm not pregnant she'll never look at me the same again and it would have been for nothing..
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 08:43 AM
    I can tell you right now I know exactly what raising a child involves. Whether you believe that or not, doesn't bother me. So your telling me to tell my mum? And if im not pregnant she'll never look at me the same again and it would have been for nothing...?
    You're wrong again, whether she likes it or not your having sex, and you need to be properly protected. IE: Birth control. Whether you're pregnant or not, she is going to have to know at some point. Your parents are there to help, protect and guide you. You'd do well to use it, because they would want you to.

Jun 6, 2012, 08:46 AM
    Since you only have a little idea of what my parents are like, don't tell me I'm wrong when I'm talking about them. Look, I'm not telling my mum, I'm sorry if that sounds stupid but birth control isn't my priority at the moment since I'm not going to be having sex for a while! All I want to know are the chances that I'm not pregnant!
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 08:53 AM
    since you only have a little idea of what my parents are like, dont tell me im wrong when im talking about them. Look, im not telling my mum, im sorry if that sounds stupid but birth control isn't my priority at thw moment since im not gonna be having sex for a while! All I want to know are the chances that im not pregnant!

I feel so sorry for your parents. I truly do. Good luck with your endeavors, I wish you the best.

Jun 6, 2012, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by C0bra_M3nace View Post
    I feel so sorry for your parents.
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 09:04 AM
    What the hell is that supposed to mean?
    You are neglecting their trust in you by keeping such things from them. I feel sorry that they do not know of your situation and will be blind sided if you are to become pregnant. I feel sorry that they have a daughter who truly believes that, at 16, she can raise and support a child.

Need I say more?

You owe it to your parents to tell them no matter what you think they will think of you. If they are so understanding as you make them out to be, then this should be pretty easy.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 09:21 AM
    I dont owe them anything.
    Well that says it all right there. I rest my case.

Also, I never said I was going to raise it, adoption is an amazing thing.
    Have you ever adopted? Yeah my grandmother sent 4 of her kids away for adoption. It's a terrible thing, and it leaves a void inside you, like a part of you is missing, or at least that how my grandmother describes it with tears in her eyes.

You've got a lot of growing up to do, whether you like it or not kid.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 09:31 AM
    Im not your grandmother. Just because she felt like that, and im sorry she did, that does not mean I would feel like that.
    That developing baby will be part of you and part of your life for almost a year before it's born. You will feel its movements, it will affect how you move and where you go and what you eat and what you wear and how you feel every single day and even how often you use the bathroom. When you go for your monthly doctor visits, you will see its picture on the scan. Thoughts of adoption will become less and less likely as the months go by, as this becomes more and more "my child."

I hope you will let us know how this turns out.

Jun 6, 2012, 09:34 AM
    I might not even be pregnant, I'm sorry for being moody but I really just want odds etc not opinions

Jun 6, 2012, 09:35 AM
    But I will let you know what happens
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2012, 10:01 AM
    I've cleaned up some of the posts here. We do not attack other members, nor do we dictate who can respond to posts or how. Except as it pertains to our site rules. Violations of those rules should be reported not responded to.

We have to make judgment because all we know is what you tell us. You have to remember that you are 16 and while you may think you know a lot, we, who have gone through 16, know now how little we knew at that time and how little you really know. So we are trying to help you by letting you know the reality of your situation.

The bottom line is that there are no odds or statistics that we can cite for you. You engaged in behavior that greatly increases the risk that you could become pregnant. It is a very real possibility for you. But until you miss your period we can't know.

You have received good, heartfelt advice meant to help you. What you do with that advice is up to you.

I do believe you have learned your lesson, hopefully not too late. But I also think you have a rather naïve and unrealistic idea of the full consequences of your actions.

Jun 6, 2012, 10:09 AM
    Thank you. Firstly though, some of the advice given was not exactly what I would call 'heartfelt' saying they feel sorry for my parents etc is not what this post was made for. But I shouldn't have reActed I understand that.

Also, I may be 16 but that doesn't mean I know very little. I think people stereotype 16 year olds way too much and really, everyone is different, some more wise than others and some with a smaller vision of life. Im not stupid, I know what the consequences of my actions could lead to. I also know it might lead to nothing. All I wanted were statistics but now I have been told there are none that can help me, I suppose I'm going to have to be in the dark for a few weeks. I will tell you all what happens.
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2012, 10:23 AM
    I'm not trying to be rude and judgemental. My anger is from you inability to even hear my advice, yes it is advice. It may not be what you want to hear but it's the truth. You think you have it all figured out until you realize you don't, and becoming pregnant isn't a good way to realize that. That's all I'm getting at. I just feel that you're blind siding your parents if whether you are pregnant or not. The attitude you have that you don't owe your parents anything upsets me the most.

They've put a roof over your head, fed you, raised you, the list goes on and on and on. You should be ashamed you feel you don't owe them anything.

That's the last of what I have to say on this subject, there's clearly no lesson to be learnt.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 6, 2012, 10:33 AM
    thankyou. Firstly though, some of the advice given was not exactly what I would call 'heartfelt' saying they feel sorry for my parents etc is not what this post was made for. But I shouldn't have reActed I understand that.
    You need to remember that all the people here VOLUNTEER their time and knowledge to help other members. So yes, even though you may not have liked a particular piece of advice or disagreed with it doesn't mean it wasn't given out of caring for you.

Also, I may be 16 but that doesn't mean I know very little.
    No one said you "know very little". But when you are a few years older you WILL look back on this time and be amazed at how little you really did know at this time.

Jun 6, 2012, 10:33 AM
    Right cobra, I've heard your advice so cheers for that. However, don't tell me that I should be ashamed. Im not ashamed of anything whether you like it or not. Im glad that's all you've got to say, because in the nicest way possible, your advice is doing no good. And you don't have a clue what my parents have done for me. They may be nice now, doesn't mean they always were.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unprotected sex on because? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm on Sprintec, and the day before yesterday I took my pill an hour late. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last night, and he pulled out, buy we're not sure if he pulled out in time. I'm mildly paranoid... Could I be pregnant? I mean, I know I COULD, but… thoughts?

Had unprotected sex and... [ 1 Answers ]

I had unpertected sex Saturday and I am having stomach cramps and I was dizzy a little this morning and its not time for my period

I had sex with my man unprotected than protected sex with a friend 2 days later, who [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my ex-boyfriend on 7/28/2010 , than I had sex with my new boyfriend, which he used a condom on 7/30/2010. On 8/7/2010 my breast started to swell and are very,very tender now. I think I'm pregnant but a bit scared becus I had sex with two guys so close even though the last...

My last period was on May 18-22 I had unprotected sex on May 24 and had sex again on [ 1 Answers ]

My last period was on May 18-22 I had unprotected sex on May 24 and had sex again on May 28,29,30 I calculated my ovulation on the computer and it said I ovulated on May 29. What are my chances that I will get pregnant??

Unprotected sex [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend got a little heated yesterday and things went past what we planned. He lost his virginity. It was real quick.. kind of an in out deal.. he was about to bust and realized no condom so he pulled out real quick and put on a condom. I know he didn't burst but I've heard the pull out...

View more questions Search