Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shrewd26f Posts: 33, Reputation: 4

Feb 26, 2007, 05:29 PM
    Why Some Guys Don't like Kissing?
    hello!
    When we were starting in our relationship, like in the first 8 months or so, we've been kissing and smooching a lot. . But now that we're two years steady already. I always have to ask for it. He doesn't like kissing me. I love kissing a lot (Not to lead to sexual intercourse) but JUST kissing. I feel passionate with kissing and I think that's the best expression of love for me. But, my boyfriend doesn't like kissing long. He only does smack. I brought this up to him and he said, it doesn't mean he stopped loving me. He said that, it's just that he doesn't like kissing. Should I believe him? Im getting paranoid he's kissing other girl or cheating on me. FYI, Im hygienic and of course I always make sure I smell good all the time. Is it really normal for guys to dislike kissing?
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2007, 06:53 PM
    I wouldn't say it's normal for guys to like kissing but probably not as much as girls. The fact that he did initially but not anymore is kind of strange. But that being said it might depend where your doing it. If your in the middle of the mall it's not appropriate and comes off like you have insecurties. If your doing it as you leave then there might be something there. That being said maybe the "honeymoon" period is wearing off so he doesn't feel the need to express himself so much via kissing.
    cgracilis Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 12:56 AM
    I felt the same way during the first few months of my relationship with my girlfriend. I slowly lost that spark and didn't kiss her that much. She would also ask for it from time to time and sometimes id make excuses. Im breaking up with her in the next few days.. just making sure I really want it. Im not saying your boyfriend isn't in love with you anymore, just sharing my experience. I do hope you both don't end up like me. Good luck.
    Nohitter410 Posts: 187, Reputation: 50

Feb 27, 2007, 07:59 AM
    I mean just try not to kiss him all the time even though you love it. Some guys only want to kiss if it leads to something more. Maybe try to make it more passionate by kissing him all over and doing more foreplay or something. I know I am trying to help, I mean some guys and that is the majority just don't enjoy kissing for a long period unless they know it will lead to something more.

THe key is to just not every time you see him to kiss him and want to kiss him for so long. Just like you aren't in the mood to have sex all the time, he may just not be in the mood to kiss all the time. It probably has nothing to do with you just the reality that many men can relate to.
    t_rod95 Posts: 21, Reputation: 0

Mar 1, 2007, 07:12 PM
    It might be that he's cheating on you, and no it's not strange for guys to dislike kissing
    Skell Posts: 1,863, Reputation: 514
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by t_rod95
    It might be that he's cheating on you, and no it's not strange for guys to dislike kissing
    Don't listen to this please. You have no evidence at all to suggest he is cheating on you.

The advice from the other posters is quite good though!

Mar 2, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skell
    Dont listen to this please. You have no evidence at all to suggest he is cheating on you.

The advice from the other posters is quite good though!
    Thanks, Skell! :)
    Geoffersonairplane Posts: 1,195, Reputation: 286
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 11:08 AM
    The fact that he no longer kisses you that much is no indication that he is cheating. Some men don't like public displays of affection. Personally, I love kissing but not really in public because I like to share that kind of thing in private. It is a good expression of love but because he does not do it that much is not an indication that he does not love or feel attracted to you. Bear in mind that often, once the honeymoon phase is burned out, the intimacy level cools down slightly. You can keep it alive and introduce variety in the intimacy side of your relationship. Remember also as I am sure you know that intimacy in physical terms is only one part of a relationship. Good communication is important too. That goes for him too in that compromises need to be made to fulfill each persons wants and needs.
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Mar 2, 2007, 11:10 AM
    I love kissing. My wife doesn't so much. We kissed more when dating. Not that she doesn't kiss, but she's not a "makeout" person, and I absolutely love a long kissing session. Just how she's wired.

It may be absolutely nothing other than you two having different preferences.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 11:13 AM
    I once kissed someone for over an hour non stop (almost) and my jaws ached for a day.. LOL but then I doubt that is a world record.:D

Sorry, not trying to sound like some kind of stud because I am not but just reflecting on some funny moments in my life.

Actually I think it was the avoidance of having to talk to her because I was a bit shy.. LOL

Or it could be that I was scared if I banged on too much, she would leave... LOL

Mar 2, 2007, 11:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    The fact that he no longer kisses you that much is no indication that he is cheating. Some men don't like public displays of affection. Personally, I love kissing but not really in public because I like to share that kind of thing in private. It is a good expression of love but because he does not do it that much is not an indication that he does not love or feel attracted to you. Bear in mind that often, once the honeymoon phase is burned out, the intimacy level cools down slightly. You can keep it alive and introduce variety in the intimacy side of your relationship. Remember also as I am sure you know that intimacy in physical terms is only one part of a relationship. Good communication is important too. That goes for him too in that compromises need to be made to fulfill each persons wants and needs.
    Wow, thanks for that wonderful advice. So real and sincere :)

But guess what, I just broke up with him.. .
    alizeblu Posts: 174, Reputation: 8

Mar 2, 2007, 11:43 AM
    I agree with shrewd. I love kissing my baby girl, but I won't kiss her like that in public. I just like to keep that between us, in private. Because it leads to other things, (like intercoarse) so I will only kiss her when we are like chillin together in her room or something. Kissing leads to other things, get used to it, it's the 1st move leading to love making. So maybe he just doesn't want that to happen, so he only kisses you when the time is right.
    chuff Posts: 3,397, Reputation: 1235
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewd26f

But guess what, I just broke up with him. . .
    I like kissing.
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2007, 12:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shrewd26f

But guess what, I just broke up with him. . .
    May I ask why you broke up with him if that's not too nosey? Was it in relation to what you have posted here?

Mar 2, 2007, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffersonairplane
    May I ask why you broke up with him if thats not too nosey? Was it in relation to what you have posted here?
    Not really. We had a miscommunication until we had a big fight. He called me name and I hate that. It's like this, he called me this afternoon and he was complaining about his dad. Oh, long story. I guess I'll tell the whole story in private message.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

French Kissing ? [ 4 Answers ]

Recently my 1 1/2 yr old daughter has been sticking out her tongue whenever someone tries to kiss her on or near her mouth. I've heard of this before but never known of anyone who's child had this habit. Is this normal? Where could she have gotten this or is it just a curiosity thing? I'm not...

SDT from kissing? [ 6 Answers ]

Is it possible to contract an STD from kissing? If so, how likely is it?:confused:

Kissing [ 14 Answers ]

I just don't know what to do now I just don't know should I kiss hunter today or should I wait for him to kiss me but you see he's never kissed a grl before but I've never had my first kiss yet?? I don't know what to do please someone help...

View more questions Search