Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    103195 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Check air on gas pipeline
    This is what they put... *air test is required,system must be left under test for inspection,test entire system**pls answer... thank you
    For new gas pipeline required by city inspector
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 09:02 PM
    To make sure there are no leaks you need to pressure test the system. You put a test cap gauge and air inlet valve on the gas pipe, pump it to whatever pressure they require and wait until they inspect. Should hold the pressure and not drop.
    massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 05:29 AM
    They want you to disconnect the gas meter (can't air test through the meter... will burst the diaphragm) and then cap off the gas lines at each gas appliance past the shutoff (they want you to test through the shutoff at each appliance) and then test the gas system with an appropriate gauge and shrader valve (to put air into system) to the correct pressure. Each town/city/state differs on pressure and time for test to hold so double check with your inspector if not 100% sure.

If none of this is clear I would call in a plumber or gas fitter to do the test as all these mechanics carry testing equipment and can do this quickly for you.

Good luck!

Mark

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Check air on gas pipeline [ 0 Answers ]

How do I(air test)a new gas pipeline that is required by the city inspector?

Gas furnace blows warm air then starts blowing cold air? [ 3 Answers ]

Gas furnace blows warm air 1st half of running time then 2nd half starts blowing cold air?

Range gas pipeline [ 5 Answers ]

I just purchased a new Electrolux range that has a bottom recess for the gas line. The previous GE stove was hooked to this same gas line. Now the problem, the new range recess is lower than the old range recess toward the floor. The gas line comes down from the attic to 17" off the floor. The...

How Can We Omit The Heater Unit From City Gate Station in Gas Pipeline? [ 0 Answers ]

Each City Gate station In Gas Pipeline Has heater Unit .Can We Omit it?

Air pressure check (gas line) [ 2 Answers ]

How can I check the air pressure on a gas line to my house?

View more questions Search