Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MsMH Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 06:35 PM
    How to file a custody motion dismissal in NC?
    I've been raising my niece since 2005 when her mother (drug addict, various charges) abandoned her and became a fugitive. My ex-husband since 2010 filed for custody of her in our state of residence NC. Previously my grandmother had guardianship of my niece in CA. The judge in NC said that jurisdiction needed to be figured out before proceeding. My grandmother didn't name an alternative in the event of her death for guardianship. The initial hearing in NC was back on 03/23/12. Nothing has been done or calendared regarding his custody motion. How do I file for dismissal of his motion?

Check out some similar questions!

How do I file a Motion for Dismissal due to Lack of Jurisdiction (Custody Issue) [ 8 Answers ]

Key facts: My ex-boyfriend and I were in a commited relationship for over 1.5 years. I'm 29 years old and he is 38 years old. I became pregnant last March 2012. My ex was deployed in April 2012. I notified him about my pregnancy before he left for Afghanistan. We kept in touch via phone...

Petitioner passed away can I file a motion of dismissal Florida child support? [ 1 Answers ]

Las Vegas Mother (Petitioner) was suing for child support but she passed away about 3 months ago. She has an open paternity judgment on me since 2009 in Florida. I (live in Florida). Child has been 18 for about a year now. Can this case be dismissed?

Time limits to file motion to vacate dismissal in Massachusetts [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a time limit to file a motion to vacate dismissal in Massachusetts? I had won a civil case by way of dismissal(without prejudice) due to the plaintiffs layer not showing in court. His reason for not showing was "administrative oversight". The judgment was made on 11/6/09 and his motion was...

How do you file a Motion to Dismiss a Misd. When the person is in custody in Texas [ 17 Answers ]

If someone is in Custody in the County Jail and has an outstanding warrant for Suspension of a License in a subsequent county (both in Texas), is it possible to file a motion to dismiss for time served on the case?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.