Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justin283 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 05:19 PM
    Wv laws on land contract
    Under my Land Contract is said payment is due the 1st of every month. Some times I don't get paid until the 8th and I pay right away. They always call and say they are going to bring the law and have me removed. Can they do this?
    dogdeville Posts: 69, Reputation: -4
    -

Jun 4, 2012, 05:31 PM
    No
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2012, 05:49 PM
    Well?

What does the contract say, if it is due on the 1st and it is not paid by the first, they may call you into default and the contact could be converted to a rental contract. ** Depends on what your contract says,

While they can't call the police, they can perhaps find you in default and make you lose any money you put into the home.

Due the 1st means due the 1st, are there penalties for not paying on time.
    dogdeville Posts: 69, Reputation: -4
    -

Jun 4, 2012, 05:54 PM
    And it sounds like you have been warned more than once so rearrange your bills and pay them on time.

Jun 4, 2012, 06:58 PM
    Yes, if not paid after every 5 days there is a late fee at which I pay.

Jun 4, 2012, 07:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdeville View Post
    And it sounds like you have been warned more than once so rearrange your bills and pay them on time.
    I am working on this as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Florida land contract laws [ 6 Answers ]

I'm considering doing a land contract with an 80 year old man but the question is that if he dies and the property is willed to his estate or trust, were do I stand does his last will and testament override the contract with us or will we be safe and just pay into his estate can the living come...

Michigan land contract laws? [ 5 Answers ]

Does the lien holder of my house have the legal right to come in my house and open cupboards and refigerator and take pictures?

Land contract laws in Michigan? [ 2 Answers ]

In 2006 I bought a house by land contract for 199K. I put down 20K and for three years paid on-time a monthly payment of interest of 9.25% a year. In the meantime, the economy took a fall, and our house isn't worth what is used to be. At the end of the three years, the owner tried to force me to...

Michigan land contract laws [ 2 Answers ]

When selling on a land contract can you put in the land contract that the buyers can not sell on a land contract until there land contract is paid off ?

Michigan land contract laws [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a home on a land contract in Michigan,the contract holders have not paid the taxes or the insurance on the home as it is required it the contract,what can I do about this.

View more questions Search