Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HbgGirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 05:15 PM
    Pregnancy sypmtoms: pregnant or paranoid?
    Im 16 and me and my boyfriend have been haing sex very regularly since Thanksgiving of this year. We always used a condom and were very careful because one of my biggest fears is getting pregnant. One time we fooled around without a condom & then both realised it was a bad idea so we decided to stop. He never ejaculated inside me. And then another time we had sex and the condom broke, but again he hadn't ejaculated so there was no to go inside of me. ANd then another time we had sex & the condom got kind of pushed up a little so some ran down to the base of his penis. Now its one month later from all this and I realised my period was late about 1 week ago.(although it is not always regular) so I started stressing and getting really really paranoid. The other day my boobs started to hurt, I had pain in my stomach that felt kind of like when I get cramps, I went to the bathroom to pee a lot, and I had a lot of bowel movements. And then when I think about the fact that I could be pregnant I get sick to my stomach but as soon as I stop thinking about it I'm fine. Im very concerned to whether I'm pregnant or not. And I'm wondering if I really am pregnant or if I'm just paranoid and delaying my period & creating these symptoms. Im also a varsity cheerleader who just had nationals this weekend (& this is when I first got symptoms: the last day of finals) and I have been real stressed out about my grades in school. So I really wonder if all this is happening because of stressing too much. And I haven't told anyone but my boyfriend about what's going on. So can someone please tell me what they think is going on?!
    PearlsofWisdom Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 09:15 PM
    I'm not an expert, but I doubt you're pregnant. A week isn't a very long time for a period to come late, and hormones alone could cause those symptoms. I suggest to be safe, though, you buy a home-pregnancy test and/or see your doctor.
    lisa123 Posts: 9, Reputation: 4

Feb 26, 2007, 11:22 PM
    I am in the same situation right now. But I had unprotected sex and I'm not on birth control. I also didn't have my period for 2 months. I took pregnancy tests and they all said negative. I'm going to get checked but I'm pretty sure it is just stress causing it. So hopefully your not pregnant. Your best bet is to go to a health center. I had one in my high school. Its private and no one will find out why you were there. But they will give you a pregnancy test there. If you do not know where a health center is or a women's clinic just try calling your doctors office and asking or call the hospital and ask they should be able to tell you. Good luck
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 27, 2007, 04:59 AM
    You should take a test in a couple of days time, make sure you use the first urine you pass when you wake up in the morning. What you have to remember is, that a guy leaks pre ejaculate when sexually excited, it contains sperm, he can't feel or control it. So if the condom broke there is still a chance you could be pregnant even if he didn't ejaculate. Also no birth control is 100% safe. So take that test, good luck.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2007, 09:06 AM
    Like ghost said, it is quite possible that you could be pregnant. But it oculd also be from the stress. I would take a test, as you are a week late. Let us know what you find out
    becs6188 Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Feb 28, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HbgGirl
    Im 16 and me and my boyfriend have been haing sex very regularly since Thanksgiving of this year. We always used a condom and were very careful because one of my biggest fears is getting pregnant. one time we fooled around without a condom & then both realised it was a bad idea so we decided to stop. He never ejaculated inside me. And then another time we had sex and the condom broke, but again he hadnt ejaculated so there was no to go inside of me. ANd then another time we had sex & the condom got kinda pushed up a little so some ran down to the base of his penis. Now its one month later from all this and i realised my period was late about 1 week ago.(although it is not always regular) so i started stressing and getting really really paranoid. The other day my boobs started to hurt, i had pain in my stomach that felt kinda like when i get cramps, i went to the bathroom to pee a lot, and i had a lot of bowel movements. And then when i think about the fact that i could be pregnant i get sick to my stomach but as soon as i stop thinking about it im fine. Im very concerned to wether im pregnant or not. And im wondering if i really am pregnant or if im just paranoid and delaying my period & creating these symptoms. Im also a varsity cheerleader who just had nationals this weekend (& this is when i first got symptoms: the last day of finals) and i have been real stressed out about my grades in school. So i really wonder if all this is happening b/c of stressing too much. And i havent told anyone but my boyfriend about whats going on. So can someone please tell me what they think is going on???!!!
    U haven't said anything about taking a test, so take a test, all the stress your talking about may cause a late period, but seriously take a test, hope this helps
    HbgGirl Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 08:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by HbgGirl
    Im 16 and me and my boyfriend have been haing sex very regularly since Thanksgiving of this year. We always used a condom and were very careful because one of my biggest fears is getting pregnant. one time we fooled around without a condom & then both realised it was a bad idea so we decided to stop. He never ejaculated inside me. And then another time we had sex and the condom broke, but again he hadnt ejaculated so there was no to go inside of me. ANd then another time we had sex & the condom got kinda pushed up a little so some ran down to the base of his penis. Now its one month later from all this and i realised my period was late about 1 week ago.(although it is not always regular) so i started stressing and getting really really paranoid. The other day my boobs started to hurt, i had pain in my stomach that felt kinda like when i get cramps, i went to the bathroom to pee a lot, and i had a lot of bowel movements. And then when i think about the fact that i could be pregnant i get sick to my stomach but as soon as i stop thinking about it im fine. Im very concerned to wether im pregnant or not. And im wondering if i really am pregnant or if im just paranoid and delaying my period & creating these symptoms. Im also a varsity cheerleader who just had nationals this weekend (& this is when i first got symptoms: the last day of finals) and i have been real stressed out about my grades in school. So i really wonder if all this is happening b/c of stressing too much. And i havent told anyone but my boyfriend about whats going on. So can someone please tell me what they think is going on???!!!
    Ok, I took a HPT this morning & it showed negative. So should I trust that and wait and see how I'm feeling. Or should I tell my parents about the entire situation and go get checked at the doctors?
    becs6188 Posts: 8, Reputation: 4

Mar 5, 2007, 08:31 AM
    U should deff get it checked out the doctors if only for piece of mind. The stress of worrying may be causing your late period, as the others have mentioned. Good luck
    lost89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 10:44 PM
    Im in this situation as well. But I did take a test, it came back negative. I'm only a few weeks late too but my breasts are sore (which is unusual) I am absolutley terrified that I may be pregnant. I can't tell my parents... They would trust me again, it would break my fathers heart. Can I get tested without their consent?
    Radeance08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2010, 09:28 AM
    I'm in the same situation. I was fooling around and I had semen on my hand. I touched myself, but I'm not sure if it was with the hand that I had semen on. I had my period a few days after that which is around the time that I have been having my period for the past 5 months. I haven't had any spotting or breast hurting. I have had bloating and gas, but I thought it could be from the foods that I have been eating. I took 2 pregnancy tests and they were both negative. I've had some constipation, but I figured it was again because of not getting enough water, IBS, or stressing about being pregnant.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 5, 2010, 12:03 PM

*NOTE: The original post was made in 2007.
    hukkkk Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2010, 03:50 AM
    I am terrified that I am pregnant I had been raped before at 4 years old so I'm not a virgin I'm 18 years old... I tried out sex... first he was humping me after a while he tried entering me it hurt liked hell he tried for like 2 minutes or so then he slipped in a condom... can I be pregnant... I missed a period but I sometimes do that... my breast are like not sore but I feel the m getting bigger... could I be pregnant I'm terrified... helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppp pp
    Maggatron Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Jul 11, 2011, 12:57 PM
    I find it funny that everyone is stressing about being pregnant. The truth is, Sex it natural and you may break your parent's heat but they will still love you. If it turns out that you are pregnant just be an adult about it and be the best parent you can be and learn from the situation. I feel funny writing this because I had never had sex before and this guy kept pressuring me to and I said no. But then I got curious and just wanted to know what a penis felt like inside you. I was so paranoid about getting pregnant while we were together that his penis was only half in and for about 10 seconds max. I still paranoid about being pregnant. Curiosity killed the cat so I'm just hoping for the best and learning from my lesson. I don't want ang kids right now so if I'm not pregnant guess what I'm going to do? Not put myself in those situations :/ :) Good Luck Guys!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2011, 01:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Maggatron View Post
    I find it funny that everyone is stressing about being pregnant. The truth is, Sex it natural and you may break your parent's heat but they will still love you. If it turns out that you are pregnant just be an adult about it and be the best parent you can be and learn from the situation. I feel funny writing this because I had never had sex before and this guy kept pressuring me to and i said no. But then i got curious and just wanted to know what a penis felt like inside you. I was so paranoid about getting pregnant while we were together that his penis was only half in and for about 10 seconds max. I still paranoid about being pregnant. Curiosity killed the cat so im just hoping for the best and learning from my lesson. I dont want ang kids right now so if im not pregnant guess what im going to do? Not put myself in those situations :/ :) Good Luck Guys!

I'm sure your concern that you might be pregnant (https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/womens...if-586899.html) is a large factor in your answer here.

Sex may be natural but UNPROTECTED sex when you are not prepared to have a child is stupid. It's as simple as that.

No form of birth control, of course, is 100% effective. Having his penis in for 10 seconds or "not all the way" are NOT means of birth control.

I think the most selfish thing a person can do is have a child, knowing he/she cannot adequately support that child financially or emotionally. The child suffers, the parent suffers, often the grandparents suffer. As far as "being an adult about it," that includes financially supporting the child BY YOURSELF - not counting on parents and family members for a roof over your head or anything else.

I think the taxpayers in the US are getting very tired of paying for these out of wedlock children. If you research AMHD you will find a ton of answers along those lines.
    jadn93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2011, 09:58 PM
    My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last week, he didn't ejaculate either and it wasn't for long(about 30 seconds.) I told him to pull out because I didn't want to get pregnant. My period should be coming next week hopefully. My stomach feels "weird", but I believe that I'm just paranoid about the fact of getting pregnant. Besides it would be to early to notice. So I think its just because I'm stressing about being pregnant.
    Uber Member

Oct 19, 2011, 05:38 AM
    This is a very old thread - if you want your comments to be seen they need to be in a new thread.

Do you have a question?
    Aweeba13 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2012, 01:11 PM
    Well,I lost my virginity this month.. I'm 16 years old and when me and my boyfriend were fooling around he went to put it in with out a condom. I said no, but it it was sort of close. When we did do it with a condom, he ejaculated , but when we fooled around after that's when his penis was really close... ever since them I've been really paranoid.. I've been googling symptoms. & I have had some constapation & some weird discharge (( which were some symptoms!)) I really CANNOT be pregnant, I'm freaking out because I'm on the gymnastics team for school, soon to be on spring track.. I really need some help ! My last period was on new years day, and I'm epecting it the 29th this month. Can anyone please help me ? /:
    Uber Member

Jan 20, 2012, 01:14 PM
    You realize you CAN be pregnant, right?

You need to wait to see if you are late and then proceed from there.

There is no form of birth control which is 100% effective - not condoms, not the pill. It is also both dangerous AND foolish to "fool around" with his "penis" really close - but I'm sure you know that now.

You need to protect yourself from pregnancy and from STD's.

At 16 you are too young to be somebody's mother.
    AshRdz1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2012, 09:54 PM
    The actual having sex messes with your period. I've noticed that. Consider abstinence until YOU'RE ready for a baby. It's the ONLY way you'll KNOW for a fact you CAN'T be pregnant. You are still very young. Also, there are birth control methods, but you need to actually GO to Planned Parenthood, or something of the like.I have also taken Plan B, (morning after pill) BUT it is almost $50 and it either makes your next period come earlier, so then I freak out again, and I think of the chance that it didn't work and I end up being just as stressed out. We have opted to being abstinent, and I think it's the BEST decision we could come up with. We don't need to have sex to show how much we love each other. At least not now that he's just my boyfriend...
    Domikat1112 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jun 2, 2012, 07:44 PM
    Yeah, I'm in a less serious but similar situation, too. Very similar to Radeance's in terms of what is making me paranoid. (And reading these answers make me feel so much better, actually.) As a person who has not yet taken a test, I advise you to do it; I'm going to, that's for sure. Though, for me, my period isn't supposed to come until next week (and usually it's pretty regular), I'd feel safe knowing this ahead of time. Wouldn't you?
    Also, I know it's nerve-racking - trust me, I know - but the best thing to do is relax and get some help if you are, in fact, pregnant. You're not the only girl out there in this situation; it'll be fine. :) Just remember... contraceptives aren't 100% perfect! And even if you don't have sex but you're just fooling around, still be careful, if only to avoid paranoia...
    Good luck! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I paranoid? Any advice welcome [ 7 Answers ]

Feeling a bit :confused: Been feeling a bit off, very nauseous, very tired, very upset stomach although not eaten much due to being nauseous! Been off birth control for about 6 months. Had unprotected sex with partner on 15th July, what I thought was period started on 17th, started taking...

Paranoid [ 5 Answers ]

Hopefully someone can help me... I just got my puppy two days ago... before we picked her up we were told from our breeder (well known breeder, excellent) that one of the dogs in the litter had worms... and she told us that our puppy didn't, and she gave us a pill to give her in a weeks time......

Need reassurance, I am so paranoid. [ 11 Answers ]

Ok, for those of you who have read previous posts you will know that I have been pregnant before (had an abortion because I was back into a corner etc) and that recently I have been drinking lots of water which has been making me feel great. I also smoke - I have cut down and I am hoping to quit....

Call me paranoid... or not. [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know how to counter Ultra high frequency radar which may or May not be used by a given "neighbor" Of mine?? :mad:

Am I just paranoid? [ 10 Answers ]

I thought I knew a lot, but every now and them I get stumpped and this one has me paranoid. Recently my internet connection has slowed or in some cases stopped, its not my ISP, I'v asked and I think I'm the victim of some sort of snooper or some dormant trogan or virus. When I open up my...

View more questions Search