Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    danstdz Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 11:55 AM
    Judgement from Workmans Compensation Case
    Dear Sirs,
    I am 66 years old. I am on social security disability. I have received a judgement from the court on a workman's a compensation judgement.
    How much do they take out of Social Security Disability amount?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by danstdz View Post
    Dear Sirs,
    I am 66 years old. I am on social security disability. I have received a judgement from the court on a workman's a compensation judgement.
    How much do they take out of Social Security Disability amount?
    We need a LOT more information... workmans comp isn't going to come out of your SSI . That's paid by the employers Workmans Comp Insurance company.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 01:13 PM
    I'm trying to figure out if this is a WC award and if the OP thinks income counts when SS is involved.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 02:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I'm trying to figure out if this is a WC award and if the OP thinks income counts when SS is involved.
    I'm thinking that might be the case..

Jun 10, 2012, 10:25 PM
    Dear sirs/madams, I have received a decision from the court. They have awarded me 278 a week for a part time job injury.
    This is the average pay per week for the time I worked.
    I make 2200 on Social Security Disability from a previous injury (different from the injury I just had with part time employment) With my retirement I make approximately 3800 a month. Without this award.
    What the defense is arguing is it is a wash now as I am disabled and make too much money a month, according to the law? Basically being paid twice for disability. This has turned into a very complex case for me and I'm just trying to find out if it's true?
    Could you hep me?
    Sincerely,
    Dan Studzinski
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2012, 05:20 AM
    It's my understanding that SSD turns into "straight" SS when a person reaches retirement age. Are you POSITIVE you are receiving SSD?

Jun 12, 2012, 12:32 AM
    It's my understanding that SSD turns into "straight" SS when a person reaches retirement age. Are you POSITIVE you are receiving SSD?
    You are right I am on straight old age social security at 66. And at the time of the accident (Oct. 17th 2010) I was 66. Now they are saying even though I am 66 I am getting the same social security disability money. Change in status but same money. It also states in the law that I can make as much money as I can at age 66.
    Quote Originally Posted by danstdz View Post
    You are right I am on straight old age social security at 66. And at the time of the accident (Oct. 17th 2010) I was 66. Now they are saying even though I am 66 I am getting the same social security disability money. Change in status but same money. It also states in the law that I can make as much money as I can at age 66. This disability law has been in place for 2 years I am told.
    This is what is confusing me. They are about to cut my decision and back pay by 80%. Can you help me here?
    Sincerely,
    Daniel J Studzinski
    This is what is confusing me. They are about to cut my decision and back pay by 80%. Can you help me here?
    Sincerely,
    Daniel J Studzinski
    Uber Member

Jun 12, 2012, 05:46 AM
    "They" are cutting your decision and backpay. When you say "they" do you mean workers comp?

WC is totally separate from SS. WHY is your settlement being reduced? Was there an error, something concerning procedure?

Jun 12, 2012, 03:04 PM
    "They" are cutting your decision and backpay. When you say "they" do you mean workers comp?

WC is totally separate from SS. WHY is your settlement being reduced? Was there an error, something concerning procedure?
    Judy, This Petition from the defense attorney to "Set aside Final Receipt (Ask Judge to set aside Agreement to stop Compensation)" was just received. I am awaiting a court date. As previously stated I make 2200 hundred from Social security, 1500 from my retirement a total of 3700 hundred a month. Social security has told me after 66 I could make as much as I want. I was making (average) of 278 part time work (same amount awarded by the court). I have no idea why this will be disallowed by the with proof by the defense attorney. I will received a brief soon and breakdown. Could you explain this?
    Sincerely / Daniel Studzinski

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Widows Pension/Workmans Compensation [ 0 Answers ]

I am on Workmans Comp. Now and ready to apply for widows pension. Will this affect my W.C. Paycheck

Workmans compensation [ 2 Answers ]

I was hurt in alberta canada had surgery on my right knee but it is still not right they are sending me to a clinic in new brunswick were I now live what are my rights ...

Eligibility workmans compensation [ 1 Answers ]

I am 67 years old and drawing social security,I am also presently employed, if I were to get laid off or fired, would I be eligible for unemployment compensation?

Workmans compensation [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if laws state now that when you come off workmans comp will they give you a settlement? Or is it that you are on workmans comp all the time especially if it's a life long injury? Thanks

Workmans compensation advance [ 1 Answers ]

I am on workmans comp. and since my injury I have fallen behind on my bills (I'm only getting 1/3 of what I was bringing home) I did ask my lawyer to request a advance from my settlement money. My lawyer was unsure of how long it would take to get a response from work comp. so I was just wondering...

View more questions Search