Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessy14562 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 10:55 AM
    Can I move out of Georgia to Florida with my minor child
    I am legally marry been separated for 2 years in process of divorce there has been nothing sad about moving out of state in any papers..
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 4, 2012, 11:04 AM
    In my State - NY - once papers have been filed neither parent can move a distance with the child.

Ask your Attorney.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 4, 2012, 11:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessy14562 View Post
    I am legally marry been separated for 2 years in process of divorce there has been nothing sad about moving out of state in any papers..
    Custody and visitation being important terms to be decided in the divorce, you would be foolish to do this without first getting the court to agree.

Otherwise, the court could very well say,
    "You moved without agreeing with the other parent. Your spouse should have been given Tuesdays and Wednesdays (or whatever). Now that is impractical. So, instead, I will give the other parent primary physical custody with (Jessy14562) to have the child for two weeks every Summer. And Jessy14562 will pay for the transportation."

Georgia and Florida are adjoining states. Are you moviing to some place which is a 30 minute drive away from the father, or is it 10 hours?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 4, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Is there a temp order for custody, temp order for visitation, temp order for child support yet ?

It is most likely if you move, your ex can get a court order that the child be returned to Georgia, that normally means with him, or you have to move back. If both parties agree to the terms, GA divorce can happen in month fairly easy, you and he will have to take a child court though the courts, that are suppose to teach each how not to use the child as a weapon and about how things should be for visits.

GA is giving more and more Joint custody so unless there is a reason of unless prior agreement has been reached don't be surprised.

Child support is set by state rules according to income of both parents and number of days child is with each.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in Georgia but work in Florida [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Georgia but work in Florida do I have to pay Georgia state income tax on my income?

Resident of Florida but work in Georgia [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida and work in Georgia. Do I, will I have to pay Georgia state income taxes?

DUI in Georgia vs. Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I reside in Florida and was arrested in Georgia for DUI. I am applying for a FL. Real Estate Lic. but have to provide FBI Fingerprints. Currently on probation in GA with a warrant for my arrest. Will the FBI fingerprints show this? Will FL reject my application?

Minor Name Change in Georgia [ 1 Answers ]

The OCGA 19-12-1 states that if the location of the other parent is unknown, you can serve them your petition to change a minor's name via publication in the local newspaper. It also state that written consent is needed. How can one obtain written consent when the whereabouts of the other parent...

Live in Florida, work in Georgia. [ 4 Answers ]

If I am living in Florida, and work in Georgia, and Georgia takes out state taxes what do I do about filing in Florida which does not have state income taxes.:confused:

View more questions Search