Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cwesting Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 4, 2012, 10:05 AM
    My husband wants to divorce me but I believe he has early dementia?
    My husband has filed for divorce and I believe he has early signs of dementia. Can I get a court order to have him tested and do I have to sign any papers? I don't want to get a divorce at all. I love him dearly.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 4, 2012, 10:51 AM
    Now that's a good question.

Yes, if you can prove he lacks the requisite mental capacity to file for divorce, his case would have to be dismissed. And you should be able to engage in appropriate discovery to find proof of that.

I don't know what you mean by asking whether you have to sign papers. You should get an attorney who can best answer that. If you need to file a motion to dismiss, certainly a signed affidavit from you or someone else in a position to know the facts would be required.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband and I are getting a divorce. My husband owned the house before we got mar [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I are getting a divorce. My husband owned the house before we got married. He transfer the title of the house to his father so that he would not have to give me anything, he claims that he is paying rent now to my father inlaw. My mother is staying with me for two month and my...

Can you get a divorce from your husband if he has dementia and is in a nursing home. [ 2 Answers ]

Can you get a divorce from a spouse who has dementia and is in a nursing home. He cannot sign his name or understand many things. I want the divorce because of Medicaid issues. I want to keep his qualified for medicaid. We are both on Social Security and they apply both amounts. If he was...

Mannatech ambrotose and dementia [ 2 Answers ]

Does mannatech help with progressive dementia? Does it heal or halt the disease

How I can stop the divorce if my husband ask her divorce in tunisia and I live in you.k [ 1 Answers ]

I'm tunisian women I get married with a man who have both nationalite tunisian and british we live together in u.k I left my house because violence domestic and I live in refuge the silicitor put my report to home office for have leaving remain in u.k in this time my husband go in tunisia and...

I'm not sure what's dementia [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know what are the final steps of dementia,when coning close to death, a loved one has it and stop eating,instead of food she eats plastic,can some please explain to what it is

View more questions Search