Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juffaloboe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 07:32 PM
    What constitutes child support dissmissal if one of my 2 children now live with me?
    I currently pay support on both children in TN and I live in FL, my son has just moved down with me so my daughter is still with her mother. What form do I need to file so support is dissmissed being we both now have one child each.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2012, 08:20 PM
    So someone went back to court and got the child custody agreement changed, so that one parent has legal custody of one and one parent has legal custody of the other ?

The support should have been changed then.

You can not just ship one child and think support is changed.

You will have to file and go back to court to change custody, to change child visit orders to give both parents visits with the other.

And the parent with the higher income is still most likely going to be paying some support, just not as much.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 4, 2012, 03:58 AM
    Child support is ordered by a court. It can only be changed by a court. If one child moved in with you and you didn't file for a modification of the custody order, then as far as the court is concerned support doesn't change.

You need to go back to the TN court and file a petition for modification of both the custody and support orders.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Modifying Child Support when 2 children are considered 'Adult Child Attending School' [ 13 Answers ]

I have two children for which I pay child support. The youngest will be turning 18 in the next year; and the oldest will turn 20. Jumping even further ahead beyond next year when my eldest turns 21, I assume the younger child will then begin receiving the full ordered amount, unless the CS Order...

She's getting the child support and my child doesn't live with her... [ 4 Answers ]

I am court ordered to pay child support to the custodial mother of my child in New York... My child is now 17 years old and living with other relatives in the state of New Jersey (due to the mothers boyfriend that made my child need to leave the home and her mother let her leave.)... I have...

Claiming child that does not live with us? And child support [ 3 Answers ]

My friend and I were talking about taxes and claiming our children. My husband has a son that lives in a diff state than us. We are currently paying child support of about 450.00/month. Now where it says child care expenses... does child support qualify? And also we have a parenting plan with the...

Child support is for children right? [ 3 Answers ]

I am making an attempt to move out of my house. My mom spends our child support money unwisely and treats me like crap. So my question is is there a way I can receive the child support. I'll be 18 on October 9th but planning to move out around July August. I will still be attending high school for...

View more questions Search