Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natmas09 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Armed robbery special case
    My partner is up for armed robbery with likelehood of being dropped to robbery because he went onto mcdonalds slammed his hand on the counter asked the man to put money in bag at the time he was abusing butane gas and has been transferred to a clinic because of his mental health state and to assess him as they think its out of character and he was not taking his anti psycotics at the time and was on various substances and diclares he was hearing voices they say its armed robbery as he had a canister of gas up his sleeve which he was inhaling at the time of this happening and hid it up his sleeve due to being on a crasbo and was not allowed to carry on person or be arrested but he has been done for immitation fire arm the person behind the till is the only witness and someone else saying they new him but did not here what was said and when he was arrested my mother had to be there as a guardian even though he's 32 due to his mental health state it was said he said I will blow your head off but he denies this and you can't see the canister up his sleeve on camera but the police could even agree when they caught him inhaling gas he had it up his sleeve every time and could also say his mental health has deterioted since a violent attack on me and him and he turned to solvents which brought mental health into it he has previous of shoplifting and burglary but has never done nothing like this has not been to prison for 6 years for burglary but in the past year he has done several sentances linking to the butane abuse coulds you advise me on how long he could get prison sentence and sectioning as I am very unfirmiliar with armed robbery and robbery sentancing or what they do regarding sectioning many thanks nat
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2012, 12:27 PM
    You don't NEED a weapon to be charged with robbery.. or even armed robbery... just the threat of one is enough.

Drug or substance abuse isn't an excuse, it's a choice.

He's a repeat offender and likely to do hard time... a lot of it. They have him on video...

He is going to need a lawyer.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 3, 2012, 12:43 PM
    His attorney may plea bargain it from armed to just robbery, In my state for example, the difference armed robbery can get up to 20 years, robbery will only get about 10 years in prison.

His mental status may be his only defense but that is hard to prove by many states only proving he knew right from wrong, being mental unstable is not always enough defense.

His prior attacks and crimes will not go good at sentencing.

Plus seldom do mental health inmates get parole or early release unless they do well on medication.

I would say 7 to 10 years to serve most likely, at a facility that houses mental health inmates.

But that is a guess

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Special case of L1 visa TAX [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a special case of L1 visa, as I do not stay full year on USA, I stayied 72 days on 2009, 136 days on 2010 and 126 days on 2011, therefore I filed as Non-resident for years 2009 and 2010, but this year numbers seem to show that I will pass the Prescense Test to be considered a Resident,...

What is sentence for first time armed robbery in b.c. [ 1 Answers ]

What is the sentence if someone is convicted of robbing a place with a toy gun in British Columbia first time offender?

I got charged with an armed robbery [ 9 Answers ]

Can my po still piss test me I'm on probation in baltimore county

The No contact Rule/Special Case [ 8 Answers ]

Ok. Here is my story. He went on a cruise the 14th of this month and he hasn't called yet. He is 49 years old and Im younger. He called up until the 9th. Everything was fine until that point. He Called everyday. We Went on dates regularly. This has been an established relationship for a year and...

Alternate sentencing for armed robbery charge [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know of any programs to a 17yr-old being tried as an adult any help to keep recieveing a reduced sentenced or question we need to ask a lawyer.

View more questions Search