Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Anthony2008 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 11:42 AM
    Can I move my son out of CA to AZ to offer better life
    Father and I have no court ordered custody to out son and I am planning to move to AZ with my boyfriend who is willing to support me an my son for a better life and proper upbringing. I was homeless in CA with nowhere for me and my son to go and had an opportunity to make ends meet for myself and my son. The father has given me verbal permission to "do what I have to do" and now he has a problem with it. I am not keeping our child away from him but AZ isn't the next city over either. The dather now wants to take legal action to gain full custonsy of my son. What legal rights do I have in keeping my son with me in AZ, where he will live a health better fulfilling life!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2012, 12:13 PM
    Go to Court and get an Order which will be in the best interest of your son.

You say you are PLANNING the move but you also say can you KEEP your son with you in AZ. Which is it?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2012, 12:39 PM
    If the father was an active participant in his son's life he may be able to gain primary custody. We can't predict what a judge will do.

We need more information on how old is your son, how much a part of his life the father has been and whether you have already moved or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much can a landlord offer me to move out [ 3 Answers ]

Let me start my saying my landlord is a slumlord who hasent took care of this building for about the 2 years that he's owned it I've lived here for 12 years with my wife n my 5 year old me and my wife are expecting baby boy in the next week.I've recently lossed my job so I owe him about 2 grand my...

Can my 2 yr. Old son, her brother,& I or anyone asked to move ,in be forced to move [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriends sister asked myself,my 2 yr. old and her brother to move in with her because she was divorcing her husband & was afraid to stay there alone. Her husband broke in the house by smashing the glass on the inside kitchen door, the police were called and she went to court for an order of...

How do I let go and move on with life? [ 2 Answers ]

Any divorced Dads or Moms out there who have unwillingly been excluded from the lives of your kids? If so, can you share how you have dealt with it personally and emotionally? How do you resist the strong pull of depression and despair? What has worked for you in terms of successfully getting on...

Should I move on, or should I accept offer [ 8 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am in a pickle, I have been dating this very successful man for about three years. As a returning college student, he has been a very active part of my school life. We have multiple fights which he has ended or relationship and some how we have made it back together again. ...

How do I move on with my life [ 2 Answers ]

Almost 2 years ago I was arrested for a DUI at the age of 20. I also had a large bag of marijuana and some cash in the car. No scale, extra bags, nothing of that sort. I was an idiot regardless, but moving on, I paid for a good lawyer, almost took my case to trial, when the DA mentioned if we...

View more questions Search