Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaseyturner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2012, 12:58 AM
    Non bio father off the birth certificate
    We live in Missouri and just recently found out that my daughter is not mine. I signed the birth certificate believing that the child was mine. The mother and I are no longer together and I want my name removed in fear she will use it against me later down the road. How do I go about getting my name off the birth certificate?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 3, 2012, 03:58 AM
    How old is the child? You may or may not be able to contest it. You refer to her as your daughter. If you wish it to remain that way then go to court to enforce your rights of visitation and custody.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not the bio father but is on Certificate.Help! [ 2 Answers ]

If the guy I thought to be the father signs the birth certificate and then isn't the bio father does he still have rights if I leave him

Remove non bio father from birth certificate? [ 2 Answers ]

I need to take my ex husbands name off my sons birth certificate as he isn't the father after having a dna test done.

Adoption of my son by my new husband; bio father name is not on birth certificate [ 11 Answers ]

If the biological father's name is not on the legal birth certificate and has had zero contact with me or my son, he does not pay any child support and has never. How will this affect my husband adopting my son and taking his name? He is the only father my son has ever known and will ever know! He...

Adding Son's Bio to Birth Certificate [ 2 Answers ]

I got married back in 2006 but left my husband a few months later and have not seen him since. I found someone new in 2007 and became pregnant with the new boyfriend's baby. I was not divorced yet when I had our son so I could not legally put him as the father on the birth certificate so I left...

View more questions Search