Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mateolacey Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 09:00 PM
    Too many wires
    3 sets of wires coming into ceiling box.
    1. White, black and blue leading to a dimmable switch for the light that attaches at the box.
    2. White, Black, Red to I don't know where.
    3. White, Black, Red to I don't know where.

How do I wire this at the box? Thanks.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2012, 11:17 PM
    What is 'this'? What do u want to wire to the box?

Chuck
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jun 3, 2012, 05:28 AM
    Why do you say there are too many wires? I bet there are exactly the right number.

OK, I hate to say it, but if you have two 3-wire cables in the box, and you have no idea where they go, there is no way anyone is going to be able to help you either. You are literally giving us nothing to go on.

All I can say is you need to hook it back up exactly the way it was before. And if you un-did all the splices all I can say is WHY?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Junction box with 4 black and white wires and two green wires [ 0 Answers ]

I am installing a ceiling fan in the bedroom. The juction box in the ceiling has 4 black and white wires coming into it. Two of the 4 black and white wires have a green wire also. The wires coming from the ceiling are as follow: black wire, white wire, green wire and black and white wire. I hooked...

Why transformers has 3 wires input and 2 wires output? 220-24v [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to connect transformer to my ac unit but the confusion is the side for 220v comes with 3 wires, how can I connect the transformer? 1 it COM The other 2 wires 208v- 240v, my unit is 220v and I'm trying to figure how to connect the power to this transformer.

Three white wires & three black wires to dimmer switch with 2 black wires - Help! [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing a new dimmer switch and when I removed the old on/off switch, I found 3 white cables all tied together and 3 black cables. I know that the cables also connected to the light switch in the guest room. I just don't know what to do with my 2 black wires from my new dimmer switch, and...

Wires came loose while changing switch need to get wires matched.keeps blowing fuse [ 2 Answers ]

My question is to match the right color wires to operate ceiling fan and light fixture. The wires came loose before I could match them. The swith has three colors black, red and blue. The colors that are to be matched with are green, red and orange. How do I match these. Additionally it has a...

View more questions Search