Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamiyankee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Child support when mother dies
    What happens when a large amount of child support is owed and the mother dies? The child is 26 and has never seen a penny nor cares. The father is still being told he owes. What happens? Do you still pay. Can anything be done to wipe that owed money away? This is in MA.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 07:38 PM
    The money is owed to the mothers estate.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 3, 2012, 04:04 AM
    Who is telling the father he owes ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 3, 2012, 07:56 AM
    As Chuck says, the money is owed to the mother's estate. The executors of that estate may pursue collection, to pay off other debts of the estate.

Also, if the mother received public assistance, the state will want to get reiumbursed so may still pursue the arrears.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do you have pay child support if the mother dies [ 20 Answers ]

Grandparents are raising the child after mom dies does the dad still have to pay child support?

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

Father Asks mother for child support when mother has no money [ 2 Answers ]

My mother got re-married and had my little brother with this man. He is now 10, I'm 15 and my sister is 17. (Our father pays child support but not on a regular basis, you can't depend on it) About 3 years ago they separated and got a divorce. We had custody of him. Then my brothers father filed...

View more questions Search