Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mak1957 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 02:20 PM
    How to add spouse on house title
    How do I add my spouse on my house title?
    shelley7180 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
    Contact a title company, preferably whomever drew up the original documents for the purchase of the property, and have new paperwork drawn up. (There will be a fee for this.) I'm pretty sure that's all my husband and I had to do.
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 03:12 PM
    The easiest way to do it is for you to prepare a deed from yourself, as seller, to yourself and your spouse, as buyers. Then you have to get the deed recorded in the county clerk or county register's office.

I suggest that you have this done by an attorney or title agency. It won't be expensive and this way you'll make sure that it's done properly.
    pareshpatel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2008, 03:58 PM

How do I add my name on title?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Nov 12, 2008, 04:02 PM
    Please see the information at https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/real-e...eed-91136.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to add spouses name to deed on house... [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how to go about adding my name to the deed of our house. Who would I see... realtor, title company... and what forms do we need to fill out?

Spouse is trying to keep marital house. [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend has been getting a divorce for 3 and a half yrs now. One of the reasons this hasn't been finalized is because his wife wants to keep the townhouse. The townhouse is in my boyfriends name. She has been living in it for four years since they separated. Oue laywer says that when we go...

Add my husband to the deed of my house [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know how I can add my husband to the deed of my house. Thanks, Judy

How to add my name on my house [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have been living with my husband for 14 yrs but we been married for 4 years. We brought the house together but my name is not on the deed? How can I add my name on it Thank Kanndice

How to add spouse's name to deed on house [ 3 Answers ]

How do I go about adding my name to the deed on my home? It is only in my husbands name. We moved in the house together 28 years ago. We have been married 26 years. The house is paid for.

View more questions Search