Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Enami Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 2, 2012, 09:35 AM
    Does sex ruin a relationship??
    In my relationship sometimes I feel that the person I'm with cares about that more then the love itself. I never truly gave sex an important stamp on love with another, only emotions and time well spent. Sometimes when I'm with the person I am with now I feel that since sex is becoming an issue our relationship itself will suffer too.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 01:30 PM
    I would agree if you clearly need other things a lot more than just sex. These are the things we judge compatibility by, and its important to share these feelings and concerns with your partner, to get things in the open, and agreements and boundaries can be reached. If they can.

Yes a relationship can be ruined when both partners are not on the same page, not just about sex, but other areas as well.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 01:46 PM
    Wrong terminology, sex. In a compatible monogamous relationship 'intimacy' enhances a relationship. Is is a way of finding out just how together you both are. If the 'intimacy' doesn't work, feeling comfortable in your own skins together (and I do mean that literally) then forget it, nothing else will balance it out.

Jun 2, 2012, 02:14 PM
    Can sex issues conflict a relationship between a gay woman and a straight woman?
    My girlfriend and I are making a year she says she loves me and she’s attracted to me, but when it comes to sex I know she wants more, and sometimes she can’t get into it. I am the first woman she has ever been with. She says it is okay she enjoys pleasing me, I don’t have to worry about her she will be fine, but I want to please her too. She is used to having intercourse with men, and I know this is different for her, at times I feel this issue is what going to end our relationship. We do love each other but sex is becoming an issue between us. I don’t want our relationship to end over this, especially when we are doing fine in all other aspects. Any help/Suggestions
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 02:29 PM
    If she was really a straight women, then it would be interfering, since a straight women would not have any desire to have sex with another women.

She may be bi, but she is not straight if she is having sex with you.

Jun 2, 2012, 02:38 PM
    Yes but in my boat for a woman who dealt with only men all her life, and had only relationships with men it is hard. She is not attractive to women at all only men, and she openly admits this. I'm the only woman she has look at in this way. I'm the exception. It is hard because I do love her but sexually I lose her.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 02:40 PM
    Then the relationship will end at some point since she is not happy.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 04:22 PM
    When merging your post, it seemed like it was your partner seeking more, but now it appears that this is an assumption on your part. I think this is where the honest communications to air these concerns and issues must take place as you seem insecure after a year that she will either return to men as partners, or leave for a more satisfying female.

Truth be told, no couple can predict if they grow apart, or grow even closer together. Its an ongoing process of adjustments. Is there a reason you cannot give her more or is it a choice not to??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can Sex Ruin A Relationship [ 7 Answers ]

Hi I have been dating my boyfriend for almost 3 years now and we started having sex a year ago well I talked to him the other night and he said that our relationship is suffering so basically our relationship has gone down the hill since we started having sex... how do I fix things between us?...

Parents trying to ruin relationship [ 4 Answers ]

Okayy.. so today I had gotten a preganancy test. My boyfriend and I used a condom though. I just wanted to be on a safe side to check. The results came out negative. So my stepfather who is married to my mom. My stepfather was in my life of the age of 4. Okay he finds the wrapper of the pregancy...

Will sex ruin my relationship or not? HELP PLEASE. [ 7 Answers ]

I've been together with my boyfriend for 2 years. We both really love each other (not being childish or anything) We never had sex, he never pressured me either or anything. But lately we've been thinking about doing it... I honestly think I am fully ready, like absolutely no doubt. But my in...

Will sex ruin my relationship [ 11 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for about a few months now. We've went out and dates and stuff like that. We've kissed and stuff like that. We have become really close and I've been considering to have sex with him. I am a virgin but I'd like my first time to be with him. Do u think that by having...

Am I letting sex ruin my relationship? [ 27 Answers ]

Well Ive been with my girlfriend for about a year now. When we first started going out, things were really physical. She used to be all over me. We live in New York and we'd go anywhere like a yankee game or the park and it didn't matter, she was just focused on me. We didn't have sex until 3-4...

View more questions Search