Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1623felipe1623 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 05:39 PM
    State water heater
    I have a state water heater model GS640YBS and the pilot keeps turning off. I can restart it but after it turns the burner on a couple of times it shuts off. What can the problem be?
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2012, 12:58 AM
    You need a new thermocouple. You can buy a kit at any good hardware store or building supply. Make sure to adjust it so that only the tip, 3/8" is in the flame or it will not work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

State select electric water heater not heating water as well. [ 2 Answers ]

My water heater has recently started acting up. It does not heat like it use to. It only heats about half the water it usually does. I never have a problem with it turning off or the high temp switch never has to be reset. It is about 6 years old and have never had a problem with it before. I...

State Select Water Heater - Hot water not consistent [ 7 Answers ]

The water heater supplies hot water when first taking a shower, but the water cools significantly, and by the end of the 4 minute shower the water is barely warm. It didn't used to be this way, it used to supply hot water the entire time. What would cause this?

State Gas Water Heater- md# gs650ybrt -. Heater won't stay lit. [ 1 Answers ]

Statye gas water heater model gs650ybrt. Heater won't stay lit

State select water heater leaving residue in water [ 2 Answers ]

We have a state select water heater, model pr650novet. We have flushed it several times but we still have black residue ending up in all our tubs. Does anyone know what else we could do?

State select water heater [ 1 Answers ]

My state select electric water heater,just stop working and I don't know how to bringing back to work,any ideas.

View more questions Search