Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rbras10arc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 12:59 PM
    RCA TV Lost Sound
    A 5-year old RCA 32 inch "traditional" television set has lost sound. All else works just fine. However, when the set is first turned on, sound is heard for about 30 seconds or less, then stops. Letting the unit sit unplugged for (up to) several hours for a "hard reset" does not help. Connecting to external sound source, such as through a receiver for surround set-up does not produce sound either.

Is this some sort of a sound card matter that can I (a novice) can change out on my own, or is the problem worth trying to fix without professional help?
    mcrescenzi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 3, 2007, 11:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by rbras10arc
    A 5-year old RCA 32 inch "traditional" television set has lost sound. All else works just fine. However, when the set is first turned on, sound is heard for about 30 seconds or less, then stops. Letting the unit sit unplugged for (up to) several hours for a "hard reset" does not help. Connecting to external sound source, such as through a receiver for surround set-up does not produce sound either.

Is this some sort of a sound card matter that can I (a novice) can change out on my own, or is the problem worth trying to fix without professional help?
    Unbelievable. It must be catching. I have a GE television as well that has done the same thing almost to the day. It's a Guideplus 52" 1999 model--its never given me a bit of trouble for seven plus years, until this. The DVD unit set up to it plays its audio fine, as it is connected to the TV via the yellow/red/white plugs; however, neither the cablebox or the VCR--both of which transmit sound via the main cable input--provide any audio, just a mild static sound. Will try to unplug and do the hard reset. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
    victorwall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 10:16 AM
    My 27 inch RCA TV has a good picture on cable but has no sound. Can I fix this myself?
    esquire1 Posts: 2,483, Reputation: 209
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 08:46 AM
    Sounds like the audio transformer needs to be replaced
    victorwall Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 11:45 AM
    I discovered the answer to the sound problem myself. I simply unplugged the TV set for about an hour leaving the cable box on. I then rebooted the TV and the sound came back on and has been playing since. You tell me what happened. Vic
    ThumperRabbit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2011, 11:06 AM
    My RCA traditional had 2 blown Speakers and after several years I just replaced them, last night I had all 4 speakers working fine, but then when putting the back into place, the left side main and tweeter are now coming in faintly I know its not the speakers because they are top of the line speakers, the right side work great but the balance is now off, and would like to know why 1 side works great but then the left side doesn't work really at all. I thought maybe a clipped wire with low lines but that's not the case, I tried replacing the speaker with 4 other speakers which are the same new out of the box same BlauPunkt TLine, and the same issue with them, Can I get some Immediate help please?! Thumper!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rca 52inch TV [ 1 Answers ]

I have a rca 52 inch TV that is one year old, and when you turn it on, it makes a very high pitch sound that stays on even when you mute the TV. Eventually after a few minutes it goes away, but it does it every time you turn it on. Any idea's of problem?

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

RCA Television sound stopped working [ 9 Answers ]

I normally have my TV connected to a amplifier and out to the speakers for sound. Well, today while watching the news, it was working fine and then suddenly the only sound I was receiving was static through the speakers. I changed the channel and got the same thing. I turned off the amplifier,...

View more questions Search