Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    abrewer1323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 03:50 PM
    How can I find my father or his family?
    I don't know much about him or family I do know that he passed away a few years ago and that his mother lives in north or South Carolina but I would like to get to know them since I don't remember him, where should I start all I know is his name
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 1, 2012, 03:53 PM
    Simple internet searches, some of the common paid people searches, and some of the ancestor search online places.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 06:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by abrewer1323 View Post
    I dont know much about him or family i do know that he passed away a few years ago and that his mother lives in north or south carolina but i would like to get to know them since i dont remember him, where should i start all i know is his name
    Is his name on your birth certificate? If so, it should indicate when an where he was born. That would be a place to start.

Were your parents married? Do you know where? Get a copy of the marriage certificate from the vital statistics agency for that location.

Do you know where and when he died? Same as above would go for his death certificate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What if I find out my son's father isn't actually his biological father? [ 2 Answers ]

I got pregnant about 5 years ago - I basically ended a relationship and started a new one with someone else so when I found out I was pregnant, I was never sure who's child it was. But I made the decision to marry this guy and we decided not to do a paternity test and to raise him under the...

Finding my father/family. [ 5 Answers ]

How do I find my father/family from a photograph.What I know is am a warbabe born in 1946 in U.K.I have this photo from my mothers possessions,she told one person that it is a photo of my father.What I have found out and from the info on the back of photo is,he was in Palestine as an Observer in...

How do I find my family my father is adopted [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find my family my father is adopted

I am searching for my biological father or his family [ 4 Answers ]

Hello - I am trying to locate my biological father. I have extremely limited knowledge of this man, and have only met him twice in my entire life. I am 33 years old and live in Washington state but was born in British Columbia, Canada. My mother doesn't have any of his old contact information...

Can my father actually throw me and my family out of our house? [ 2 Answers ]

My father gave me a house (that he inherited) about 11 years ago. When he prepared the General Warranty Deed (which was filed with the county clerks office in Houston in 1997), he also asked me to sign a Deed of Trust (D/T), and have it notarized. I did as he asked. As far as I can determine, the...

View more questions Search