Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Suzy32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2012, 02:53 PM
    SSI & Child support
    Will my husband's child support be reduced if the child is now receiving SSI in Pennsylvania?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Jun 3, 2012, 11:23 AM
    In Pennsylvania, child support is calculated using the Income Shares Model which determines monthly support by looking at both parent's gross income, the earning capacity of each parent, the assets owned by the parents, needs of the child, previous alimony orders and any other extraordinary expenses. Based on each parent's average gross income for six months, a monthly payment of child support is calculated by the court. While some states do not include SSI when calculating the parent's gross income, Pennsylvania does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In FLORIDA 23yr old son receives SSI will SSI affect his child support amount he rece [ 7 Answers ]

We live in Florida. My 23yr old mentally retarded/autistic son receives SSI and I want to know if the SSI he receives will be adjusted in the amount of child supportthat his non custodial father has to pay. Will they deduct the SSI amount from the amount of child support due thereby reducing the...

Do you have to pay child support if the child draws ssi? [ 5 Answers ]

Do you have to pay child support if the child draws ssi?

SSI Benefits and Child Support for Disabled Adult Child [ 3 Answers ]

I am the father of a 19 year old disabled daughter (learning disabilities). Her mother has been collecting child support for the past 14 years, but our CA Court Order ends child supoort at age 19. Her mother is now in the porcess of taking me back to court to continue the Adult with Disabilities...

SSI Recipients & Child Support [ 2 Answers ]

Hello. My question is, My son is on SSI all of his 28 years of life. He ended up being a father, so his x wife went to court to get child support, his amount is 580.00 a month, the court said he has to pay 400.00 a month how can this be?? His rent is 270.00 phone is 31.00 and he gets 60.00 in...

View more questions Search