Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amarflora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2004, 05:05 AM
    Reduction of face fat
    Dear Sir,

I've got some fat around my cheeks and chin. I want to burn this off. Can you please suggest some excercises or method of reducing the same?Does cardio help in burning face fat?

Also, would taking Hydroxycut as supplement help?

Thanks for you time!

I appreciate any reply from your side!

Thank you again!

Amar
    BattleAngel14745 Posts: 99, Reputation: 2

Apr 5, 2005, 11:25 AM
    Amar sad to say but we are stuck with our huge fat faces. The only way to loss weight in your face is to have surgery. No amount of "facial exercising" is going to a thing.
    michimichi Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 08:23 AM
    I am also interested in this subject. Please everybody, post back your information.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2005, 08:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by michimichi
    I am also interested in this subject. Please everybody, post back your information.
    Is this you? http://goalsetting1.com/users/cheryl...pictureBig.jpg
    OM NAMAH SHIVAH Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2005, 06:39 PM
    Automatic reduction in face fat
    Face fat can only be reduced if weight is lost from other areas, gradually this helps the face lose little amounts of fat like in the chin. I was 17 stone before and had a double chin now I am 16 stone and have a normal chin

I hope this helps good luck

Fiind out how mmuch you weigh and lose at least a stone or 2 from that it will werk.

Om namah shivah
    rdhead420 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2005, 07:02 AM
    Chin slap
    This may sound odd and I don't know if this works or not but a long time ago I was watching a show and the host had celebrity know it alls on. Anyway, one of the ladies on the show said that if you take the top of your hand and slap under your chin,(double chin, aging chin, whateva), repetitively, it helps stimulate that part of your face. I do it occasionaly when I remember but not enough to see results. Although, I know that when you are losing weight the first place you lose it is in your face.
    ab-solute Posts: 44, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2005, 07:29 PM
    When I went from a size 16 to 5, and exercised, my face got a lot smaller and didn't sag. Are you at your goal weight right now?
    kg30 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

Nov 23, 2005, 08:40 AM
    Ladies - you must read this!!
    Ladies, there is no way to SPOT reduce fat on your body-anywhere! I wish it were true, wouldn't that make life so much easier! But, as a health nut myself and an avid nutrition guru the only way to get rid of unwanted fat is to do CARDIO! By doing cardio you will burn more calories and in the long run will burn off unwanted FAT. Having a well balanced diet of protein, moderate carbs and low fat intake, you'll get the results, it just takes patience. My advice to you is NOT to take any herbal suppliments of any kind, including HYDROXY CUT. I used to do fitness/bodybuilding competitions and tried those herbal suppliments and the results was no fat loss and a severe liver enzime imbalance, pretty much I was lucky I was young enough for my liver to recover and I had no permanent damage. It took months for my liver to 'bounce' back from the toxicity the suppliments caused. They are no good! Go all natural, please! GOOD LUCK!

Some websites I recommend reading:

Nutrihand.com - This one is great! And mostly free! I am addicted to it. Really good meal planning.

Sparkpeople.com - some good articles, exercises and pictures.
    fahim Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2005, 07:55 PM
    Hi.. I have chubby face
    Hi, I'm 24 years. I'm 6", 150 pound. I always used to be skinny. But after coming 2 London from my country (Bangladesh), I becom a bit fat.my weight used to be 130 pound before coming 2 uk. Now I'm 150 pound. People say that.. im looking good cz I'm no more skinny now... but the problem is my cheek goes quite fat now. From my childhood, I used 2 have thiner face. Last year... I c ma face getting wider. My mom has fat face, but she get fat after getting married, before that even she never used 2 have fat face either. Now please let me know, how can I reduce this fat from my cheek? Or is it genetic? Though I never had round face
    Littlebear Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2006, 04:21 AM
    I have a way that worked for me. I used to pat my chin upwards while smiling for 10 minutes a day.
    vipasha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2007, 12:25 AM
    The first step to reducing a double chin is to ensure your diet is high in fibre and low in fat and calories, and contains fresh fruit and vegetables.

And try to do a bitting motion with your jaw, you should be able to feel you jaw bone move out of it's place (it won't hurt) and then back try doing 10 movements 2 to 3 times a day. But when first when your doing the movement don't do it too fast or your jaw will start huring.Speaking from person experience.

PLEASE TELL ME HOW U WHEN
    Genuineforce Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

Apr 2, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Hello, try this, eat something that requires deep chewing, picture a tough rice crispie treat. But don't eat somethingt that is unhealthy, if you ever remember your cheeck muscles and jaw being very tight from a meal, find out what that was that you ate. I believe this will work, its not that it will lose fat in your face, but it will tighten up what muscles are there like your jaw and upper cheeks around the bones. This will work regardless to what you may have thought.

One other way is to purchase some sort of fat emulsifying lotion or cream. A lot of these are said to be put on your abs etc, but a few years ago I used to put it on my face (small amounts) and ride my bike for awhile, and I do believe it loss some fat in my face. The directions were to exercise after using the gel because it would release fat into the bloodstream which had to be burned off otherwise it would be rediposited. Remember "cutting gel"? Try and see if you can find a product like that, a lot of them have been taken of the market but if you look around you may find one
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2007, 08:42 AM
    There's no way to spot reduce, you need overall body exercise, you will lose weight and body fat therefore lose shrink some of the fat cells in your face. But you basic face shape is predestined. Cardio and a healthy diet will help you lose body fat, throughout your body. Using Diet aids is not the answer, they are all just AIDS, temporary fixes that you can achieve with natural food choices and lighter, smaller meals.
    Genuineforce Posts: 76, Reputation: 2

Apr 3, 2007, 01:31 PM
    Well, he asked for something that would work with him being the way he is. The advice I gave will work, I have done it, so what you are saying is also true but don't knock something that I just told him works. Chewing works, believe it or not.
    fat burner Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2007, 10:12 AM
    The way you loose facil fat it easy but takes time think of it like body building the harder you work at it the more results you see! Make yrself half an hour a day out of the way so no one can see because you may look a little strange lol and just pull faces and lots of them! You have to work the fat the is around the muscles in yr face and bit by bit you will loose the fat... but again it takes time! Put the effort in and you will see results!! I promise! It worked for me and I carnt be a one off. X
    peacemaker14 Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Mar 5, 2008, 06:08 PM
    I used to have a really faT face but then I started swimming everyday. I started with 5 laps and everyday worked another one in. I'm up to 43 laps a day and I've never felt better! Also, I run a lot. When I started that I saw immeadiate results. My chhekbones became more prominent after the first day! Hope it helps you!:)
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Mar 6, 2008, 01:48 PM
    Peacemaker14, glad to hear of your results, exercise is the best way to see results like yours and swimming is the best overall body workout ever! Good work!
    rajav Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2008, 05:37 AM
    When you start losing weight , u loose it all over the body.

Most important... "watch what u eat".

Exercise does help, but takes a longer time, so if you have patience go for it (:cool: who want to wait long for looking good). Just see how much you have to slog on a tread mill to nurn 200 cal in compare to how easy is it to gain 200... a pack of snack... couple of cookies.. a beer.. so keep a watch.

Doing weights could help strenthen the facial muscles... just look at the wicked face we make while pulling the weights... that's enough an evidence.

Green tea works wonders... my practical experience.

A well balanced breakfast becomes very essential for fat burning , because that's when the body triggers the metabolism.

A combined effort can definitely make it happen faster.

Cheers.
    Zijo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2009, 06:00 PM

Hello.

Well, I have problems with weight all my life and I started losing it, and in last 6 months I lost 55 lbs (25kg), now I have 242lbs (110kg) and I certainly won't stop, but I am worried about my face.
    Considering all those beauty factors ( cheeckbones, lips, eyes, chin ) my face should be pretty, but I am not sure how it will look when I reach my ideal weight (about 170 lbs, 5.9ft tall), because it doesn't look great right now, although there are some indicators that it would look great when I'm done with losing weight.
    So, how could I know?
    I need to loose another 66lbs of fat, is it enough to get a normal face.
    Thanks.
    NJExit9 Posts: 31, Reputation: -1

Mar 7, 2009, 09:32 PM

Sounds like Genetics more than anything. We all lose weight globally and never locally. Some of us are certainly lucky to lose the weight in our faces first before anywhere else. The goal should be the whole body fat reduction. Possibly you could be bloated from high sodium or protein intake? Very curious topic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Organic Chemistry - Clemmensen reduction [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I REALLY REALLY need to know the mechanism for the Clemmensen Reduction of ketones/aldehydes using Zn(Hg) + HCl!? How do the electrons transfer to reduce ketones/aldehydes to alkanes? I have an exam soon! Your help will be much appreciated!

I'm going to have breast reduction opp. Will my breasts grow back? [ 1 Answers ]

Im going to have a breast reduction opp. I am a G cup now. Does anyone know how many bra cups they reduce you by and also will my breast go back to their huge size when I have baby ´?

Reduction in force(Discrimination)? [ 6 Answers ]

I was told by my employer to search for another job in a conversation about a month ago. No documentation or reason why I should... just that I should search. Next I am given a written counseling stating I failed to meet a deadline and told my employment would end in 2weeks as a "reduction in...

Copper Repiping, Noise reduction [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just about finished repiping with copper. Pipe runs in attic and down walls. There seems to be a choice in strapping approaches and insulation. What's the best way to keep npoise to a minimum. Thx

View more questions Search