teddybearbigboy Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 12:22 PM
    Is it healthy to love someone that.
    Is it healthy to love someone who wants to be friends?:confused:
    scol409 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybearbigboy
    is it healthy to love someone who wants to be friends?:confused:
    Are you saying you love someone who just wants to be friends with you? To be in love with someone and have them love you back there has to be mutual attraction. Sometimes people don't feel the same way about us that we feel about them.
    I don't think you should torment yourself by continuing to subject yourself to the company of someone who doesn't love you back. It's too difficult to watch them be with other people. So is it healthy to continue to love someone who just wants to be friends? It's too hard.
    kristynn Posts: 502, Reputation: 66

Feb 26, 2007, 09:23 PM
    In this case, friendship would be better than love, and this, for both of you.
    14111985 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2007, 04:09 AM
    I agree with kristynn you better be friends, it will be good for both of you...
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Feb 27, 2007, 10:31 PM
    If:
    1. You want to or would like to in the future have sex with this person, AND
    2. You are already in love with this person, AND
    3. You have no other likely romantic prospects, AND
    3. You think you can handle just being friends...

My been-there done-that advice is FLEE...NOW! Be the jerk NOW, not LATER. Listen to the little voice in your head that prompted you to pose this Is-it-healthy question. You already know, for you, it isn't.

If you STAY, your future holds the following:
    1. You get to wonder why she is dating and complaining about jerks when it seems you are what she wants.
    2. You get to see her kiss other guys.
    3. You get to talk with her about the bad sex she is having with her other guys.
    4. You get to squeak out congratulations when she gets engaged.
    5. You get to attend her wedding and smile and be upbeat through the whole thing.
    6. You get to have her great feeling, great smelling body hug you all the time while you struggle to not get aroused.

FLEE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

(I hope I got my point across.)
    ifitoldyou Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2007, 11:12 PM
    It's always painful to want someone you cannot have. Would you rather remain friends with this person and never be the one they go home to, or break all ties with this person entirely? That's the question. Sometimes it's easier to remain friends with this person because then the fantasy is still alive.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this relationship healthy for me? [ 6 Answers ]

I have known my boyfriend for quite sometime, and about 8 months ago we started dating. We moved in with each other a few months ago, and about a month ago he asked me to marry him and I immediately said yes. Unfortunately things are compiling and now I am starting to question if it is the healthy...

Is there any healthy gum? [ 2 Answers ]

I chew a lot of gum, and I don't mind that. I think that if I keep it up though, I'll develop cavities. I was just wondering if there I an alternative gum that does not contain as much sugar. Because I still want to a lot of gum, but just not Bubblicious. Here's how sugar that's in one piece...

Is this healthy? [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now, and I love him and his family, and I don't know what I'd do without them. But, I think I've fallen out of love with him. The thing is we don't really get along all that much, and we don't share much in common. I like spending time with him, and...

Is this healthy? [ 4 Answers ]

My wife and I, (we're both women) met this other female couple 11 months ago. Because my wife and I were having problems with our relationship, we sought out a therapist. The therapist advised us that this particular friendship may not be healthy for us at the time due to many issues that came...

View more questions Search