Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Jun 1, 2012, 06:57 AM
    Get rid of birds
    I have birds that have nested near my bedroom window in the eaves. The noise from the birds sqawking wakes me up about 4am . How can I get these birds to leave. I do not want to kill them just get the to leave so I can sleep.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 6, 2012, 06:21 PM
    Do you know what kind of birds they are? The best way to advise you how to humanely get rid of them, will be by knowing what species they are.

If you don't know, is it possible to take and post a picture of them?
    Chardel Posts: 93, Reputation: 13

Jun 6, 2012, 06:55 PM
    In a few weeks they will leave on their own... they should be getting their "pin" feathers now and flight feathers very soon... They type of bird will determine exactly how long they will be in the nest for but all birds eventually leave the nest, so just be patient and they will go away... Once they do though it would be a good idea to destroy the nest site and make it impossible for the birds to nest there next year.
    mydogquestion Posts: 232, Reputation: 21

Jun 8, 2012, 06:22 AM
    Not sure what kind. Small brown and tan. No small birds in the nest. I have put reflective strips near the nest. The move with the wind and reflect the sun light. It seems to be working. It seems they build a nest here each year. Is the something that will deter them from nesting here. I hope these strips work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birds, birds, birds [ 2 Answers ]

My neighbor leaves food out for the birds. She has decided over the last few months, that she doesn't want to continue. The problem I'm having is that she has been doing this for so long, that now that she has stopped, the birds are in my yard feasting on my dogs food. I leave the dogs outside...

Birds [ 1 Answers ]

I am not sure if this is the right category but here goes. I had a bird in my basement yesterday. Does anyone have any ideas hw it might have gotten in there? I was wondering if birds will crawl through holes and how big of a hole? Thanks

Birds [ 8 Answers ]

What do birds never do on the ground?

How do you get rid of doves (pigeons) (birds) [ 1 Answers ]

We live in an apartment house. Recently, our little balcony and others on our (east) side of the building have been infiltrated by doves who leave mementos behind. How do we scare them away? Owl cutouts? Ribbons? Any thoughts would be very helpful. Thank you. Peter

View more questions Search