Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eschloss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 12:10 PM
    Cordless phone rings once, goes dead, and knocks dsl off line
    I have only cordless phones in my home. Recently, I've noticed the following problem. When someone dials my home number, certain calls (maybe one out of every 5 or so) ring once (on both the caller's end and in the house) and then immediately disconnect. I think that this may also be related in some way to a dsl problem I am also having, whereby my ACT light will go off, and not come back on, requiring me to reset the dsl modem, and sometimes to power off modem, router and computer. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with Panasonic KX TG2730 Cordless Phone? [ 1 Answers ]

I have this phone over two years. I never faced any problem. Recently it is giving me trouble in ringing only once, after that it gets discarded after 10 secs. So by the time I reach the phone it gets disconnected. All the callers are complaining that I should dump this phone! That's why I'm...

No dial tone but phone rings [ 5 Answers ]

I have no dial tone but the phone rings very low when someone calls and when I pick it up it's dead except for another low ring on other end. I live on second floor of garden apt. could the person below me have punctured the line coming up from the NID with a nail or screw maybe hanging a picture...

Panasonic digital gigarange cordless phone [ 1 Answers ]

I have the above mentioned telephone receiver which had its "Dial" Locked and the user even forgot the password they used to lock so we cannot unlock the Dial.The question is :How do I unlock this phone so that we can sue it once again to make calls? I have tried to look for a CMOS battery inside...

Memory Reset for Rechargeable Panasonic Cordless Phone Battery [ 0 Answers ]

I was recently experiencing terrible performance of the handset battery for my cordless Panasonic KX-TG2730S (or KX-TG2730) telephone. I searched the user manuals and the Panasonic website for a solution but could not find one. So I called Panasonic at 1-800-211-7262 to see if there was anything...

DSL and wiring phone jacks [ 1 Answers ]

I have phone svc through SBC and DSL stand alone through Qwest; was assigned a separate phone # for dsl svc and was told could not "piggyback" on same phone jack; trying to avoid paying $100 svc fee to qwest; have purchased separate jack but don't know what wires to attach where. Can anyone help?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.