Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amyjayne27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 11:59 AM
    I have red hair and I hate it
    I have read numerous topics on this, but I really want to find out more. I have red hair and I really hate it, I know people will say its more about what's on he inside than what's on the outside but its different when you get teased all the time and is as self conscious as I am.

I don't consider myself to be really ugly or anything, I just feel like such an outcast with my hair colour. It isn't bright, its quite light but I feel so unconfident with it.

I've dyed it before with blonde and brown highlights which I liked, but I want to grow it longer which is where I'm stuck.

Do I just grow it out and bear the horrible colour or have it shorter and not have this ugly colour?

Sorry I'm rambling, just hate even talking about it.

Thanks
    tinsign Posts: 275, Reputation: 66

Feb 26, 2007, 12:07 PM
    You can grow it long, there is no reason why you couldn't but if you want to keep the red gone you will have to dye it as needed. You don't want for example brown hair with red roots. I find though red hair is actually pretty on a person and I wish I had that color hair.
    amyjayne27 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Will it stop growing if I dye it?because since I have stopped colouring it (and taking care of my hair) it has grown quite quickly, and as much as I would like to dye it I do not want to slow down this process.

My dyed colour is growing out at the moment, but it is mainly blonde highlights, the brown is one streak at the front and you cannot see the roots from that if that makes sense?

Should I just bear it and grow it all out until I get the length I want?why can't I have LONG and DARK hair?
    Xx
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Mar 12, 2007, 03:46 PM
    The hair on the head grows about one-half of an inch each month. If you can't wait for your hair to grow out and don't like the color, I recommend going to the salon and have them do a corrective color.
    tifflez Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2007, 05:15 AM
    Wow, I have the same problem! I hate my red hair too! I've dyed my hair brown, I've had blonde highlights I've been copper brown I've been auban... the best colour that suited me was red yet I still can't stand looking into the mirror! Everyone says I'm lucky wow do I not feel lucky to be called gingy all of my junior years... currently my hair is natural red and I have brown streaks look real horrible... my hair grows rather fast so if I dye my hair brown I have to get my roots done often... just thought id tell you I share your pain...
    shannonoleyar Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Mar 17, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Coloring your hair does not affect how fast it grows. It may damage your hair and cause split ends and breakage which may make it seem to you that it isn't growing as fast. Use deep conditioners for color treated hair to help w/ that problem. Maybe switch your eyeshadow colors or try shirts in different colors or get a tan to help balance your complection w/ your hair before you color it if you aren't totally sure that is what you want to do. Root growth is a problem everyone who colors their hair has. (That proves your hair is really growing!)

**Do what makes YOU happy... who cares if everyone else loves your red hair if you hate it.
    redhairperson Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2009, 04:58 AM

Hey I am a red head.it's not ginger but it's a bit like yours, red in the sun. I life in western australia and I get teased just about every day at high school. It was fine at primary school I was popular and it was great but as soon as I hit high school I was getting called ''ranga!'' don't ask me who came up with it but I no for a fact that a t.v show called summer heights high populated it.I'm still popular but I still get called name and stuff. I walk past people sometimes and I hear people saying"y would you would u go out with her shes ranga!" like everyone would tease you if you went out with a "ranga". I feel like killing myself sometimes!or dying my hair but being a natural red head I know I would get teased for dying my hair. I'm in a lose lose situation.

I don't know about you but if you want to get rid of your hair colour is to dye it black.
    haley12 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2012, 07:51 PM
    I had red hair and I hate it too. Some people love my hair but I hate it so much sometimes at school when people say how ugly I am with red hair I just go in the bathroom and cry because I know its true. I feel like I will never get a boyfriend with red hair because no one else has it so people think its ugly. But my mom says that its one of kind. I really wunna dye it brown but I'm worried that it mite look uglier than before and plus I'm only 12 and my mom won't let me dye it. It makes me so sad. I cry EVERY night. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way too. So I just want to let you know your not the only one with "ugly" hair and I feel your pain too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

Help! I hate my new hair dyed colour! [ 7 Answers ]

Please can someone help me!! I dyed my hair this afternoon to a dark browny colour and at first I liked it but after a wile I saw it was just awful!! Its made me cry for ages because of it and I really need someone's help! I've been looking on the internet and people are saying I shouldn't try...

Red hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair and it has gone dark red how do I get rid of this my hair is usually a dark blonde

I hate my hair [ 2 Answers ]

I have naturally red hair and as I have gotten older my hair has started to look more like strawberry blonde and very washed out. So this morning I decided to dye my hair - YUCK! What a mistake - I now have RED hair but very uneven, almost burgundy in some spots and I am afraid to go into the sun...

I Hate My Hair [ 3 Answers ]

Ok I dyed my hair yesterday at the salon... dark dark brown with blonde stripes.. and I hate it... I want to go back light brown.. what should I do :(

View more questions Search