Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2012, 07:33 AM
    You keep asking the same question, more or less. You get helpful answers and suggestions (and some which I admit you do not find helpful) and time passes and you post the same problem again. You don't seem to be "learning" from your past problems/mistakes.

If you are starting sexual relationships too early in the relationship, then that's the problem you need to work on.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 07:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar18
    How do you tell if a guy likes you for you or just to use you for sex?
    How? You don't give him sex at all, not even any related kinds of intimacy. Don't even kiss him. Totally hands off until you have gotten to know him after at least six months. Group dates and activities are best so you aren't alone together.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 07:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by superstar18 View Post
    I know I am ready to have a relationship, but I can't push something thats not going to happen.
    There's your starting point. Don't push. Don't even think about pushing.

If you find yourself falling for men more easily than you did, then back up and work on a different relationship. The one you have with yourself.

Falling for one male after another and even thinking about pushing a relationship are symptoms of looking for something in others that you are missing in yourself. What do you do that you enjoy? Things that make you feel good to be you and it doesn't matter who else is around? How are your relationships with your friends? Do you enjoy hanging out and having fun with no expectations of anything other than a few laughs or heart-to-hearts as the conversations shape up?

What support do you give yourself? How confident are you in who you are and what you want in life?
    superstar18 Posts: 380, Reputation: 5

Jun 5, 2012, 08:04 AM
    See my problem is I just don't know how to say no even with friends, like if my friends want to go somewhere and If I don't I just say yes anyway.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 08:28 AM
    What would happen if you said no to anyone?

Jun 5, 2012, 08:35 AM
    Nothing would happen, but I just give in easily and I guess I'm too nice and don't want people to be mad at me. I'm too concerned about what people think about me.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 08:40 AM
    I'm too concerned about what people think about me.
    And if you say no, how will they feel about you?

Jun 5, 2012, 08:52 AM
    I'm not sure how they would feel, it depends on the person what they are thinking.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 09:00 AM
    If you say no, how do YOU think they would feel about you?

Jun 5, 2012, 09:25 AM
    I don't know maybe angry but they would get over it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 09:26 AM
    If you really believe that, why can't you ever say no?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 10:37 AM
    Nothing would happen, but I just give in easily and I guess I'm too nice and don't want people to be mad at me. I'm too concerned about what people think about me.
    What would you think about yourself if you said 'no'? What do you think about yourself when you say 'yes'? Why do their opinions of you mean more than your own?

Jun 5, 2012, 03:18 PM
    I don't know sometimes it's hard to say no, It has been a problem with me sometimes. I tend to care about other people's feelings than myself. That's how I get taken advantage of a lot. I probably would feel good if I said no.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 04:15 PM
    "I probably would feel good if I said no."

Well, then.
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 5, 2012, 04:58 PM
    Look at it from this angle... You wouldn't give your house or apartment keys to someone you just met... why are you giving them that just as easily.

There is a right time for everything... and I won't criticize you for doing it say at like the 5th or 10th date if things go well... but not before you know his last name.

And a guys speaking here... yes we really like when someone puts out right away for us... but we don't respect you any more than if we had to wait a bit before we got it...

That might get my Man-Card revoked... but I'm 50 and married... what am I going to do with it anyway.

Jun 5, 2012, 08:33 PM
    Well it's just hard to figure out guys, most guys do want it right away and if you do give it to them right away then they leave. So I just don't get it.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 5, 2012, 09:21 PM
    Since the dawn of time, guys have dropped their dirty clothes on the floor, let the dog lick the dirty plates clean and then put them away, allowed the dust bunnies to pile up in the corners, and "wanted it" right away right after meeting us, but it is up to us to civilize them. ;)

Jun 5, 2012, 09:27 PM
    Lol good way of putting that.
    cbunny20 Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

Jun 8, 2012, 09:14 PM
    It sounds like he doesn't want to hurt your feelings by telling you he doesn't want to talk to you any more. He is a guy so you gave him a piece of the pay and when he gets the whole pie you can be sure he will stop talking to you. Best advice just stop txting him and c how long it takes him to txt you back. If he doesn't txt you back than well you got your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Classic tale: Guy meets girl, Girl likes guy, the breakup, guys friend likes her. [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I'm the friend (De) at the moment and I have known her 3 months before she broke up but the Guy (Gareth). I've known Gareth a lot longer than she has and I have told her the reason that he even goes for younger girls because he can act more in control whereas he has tried this with girls his...

I like a guy who sort of likes me but his best friend likes me [ 1 Answers ]

I like this guy but he won't ask me out because his friend likes me but I don't like his friend. And now I am worried that I will never get the guy of my dreams

How to get a guy that says he likes you but that he likes many other girls too ? [ 18 Answers ]

Hi everyone:) Well the thing is , there's this guy in my high school and we're really good friends since 2 years now. He's in my group of friends and we use to go hang out sometimes and we both flirt a lot with each other since we met. We'll the other day I broke up with my boyfriend which happens...

I like this guy but he likes her and I sometimes feel like he likes me too.. [ 8 Answers ]

Threads merged Hey everyone, I have this really close friend who's a guy. I like him but he has a girlfriend who used to be my best friend. She and I fought and now we are no longer friends but I am still extremely close to him. He usually tells me all his secrets and has told me I'm the...

View more questions Search