Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amackay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 11:12 AM
    Antique Bed Rails
    Hi!

Just purchased an antique headboard and footboard, but the rails were not included in the sale. I'm having trouble finding rails to make the full size bed function. The footboard and headboard have crescent shapes for a cylinder type rode to stick down into it for the rails to attach. Anyone know anything about this? I'm located in the San Francisco area.

Thanks!
    ktchance Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 13, 2012, 08:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amackay View Post
    Hi!

Just purchased an antique headboard and footboard, but the rails were not included in the sale. I'm having trouble finding rails to make the full size bed function. The footboard and headboard have crescent shapes for a cylinder type rode to stick down into it for the rails to attach. Anyone know anything about this? I'm located in the San Francisco area.

Thanks!
    Hello. The easiest and sturdiest solution is using a headboard/ footboard metal frame which will turn your hb/fb into decoration only. The weight of the bed will be on the adjustable ht. feet of the frame. Glideaway is one manufacturer, so is Knickerbocker.
    The only way to use your current connections is a custom connection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique Iron Bed Rails/Wheels [ 0 Answers ]

Greetings! Today I purchased an Antique Iron Bed (head/foot boards rounded slots) that did not come with the round pin iron rails and one wheel is damaged. Please HELP... I need to know what type of rail, pin and wheel are needed to restore my BEAUTIFUL bed. BTW, I will not be painting the bed...

My 2yr old goes to bed OK but always wakes at 2am n ends up in our bed. Help? [ 7 Answers ]

My 2 year old daughter has no problems going to bed, we have done the same routine since she was a new born, but every night between 2am and 4am she wakes up and will not go back to sleep and will paddy for hours until we finally give in and she sleeps with us, she is also very clingy to mummy.

Help for antique bed rails [ 4 Answers ]

I bought an antique bed on eBay... I thought it came with rails but the rails sent were not compatible with the bed. The hardware is missing the head and foot board have grooves that don't make sense to me... I was told(from an eBay seller) to mortisse them and just use another type of rail...

Difficulty getting my 4.5yr old grandson to bed (well, to stay in bed) [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter and grandson live with us. He rarely goes to bed before 8pm. Once he's in bed, story read, drink of water, kisses and tucking in he rarely will stay there. He is probably up and down up to 6 times before he finally stays put. That doesn't mean he's sleeping though. When we go to...

Antique iron bed [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has an old iron bed in her basement. It is simply made. The head board is round with flat spindles and higher than the foot board. There is no ornamentation on it. I think one might call austere?? Can anyone tell me what it might be worth? :) :) thanks

View more questions Search