Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dirty_Harry Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 10:52 AM
    Parents splitting up
    My mum wants to split up with my dad even though my dad says they should at least make an effort to work things out but my mum is very stubborn.

If this happens then everything will be wrecked, house sold, everything, gone.

I cannot ing let this happen to my family!

My sister and I are going to speak to her about it, I have a general idea of what to say but any advice?

Please! Would be greatly appreciated! :( :confused:
    firey40 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 11:35 AM
    Parents splitting apart is togh. Pray about it. Try to talk to your parents about it. You live you die so fly. God Bless:)
    scol409 Posts: 22, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 11:36 AM
    My sympathies are with you but you need to know that you probably cannot change your mom's thinking. If her thoughts and plans have actually become verbal then she has been thinking about this for a while and already has her mind made up. Divorce doesn't have to be the end of everything. If your mom and dad's relationship is bad it probably isn't a real fun household to live in now anyway, right? Just know that you are not at fault. The children never are at fault. You need to continue loving both your mom and your dad and know that grown ups can and do make mistakes. My thoughts are with you.
    ROBERT15 Posts: 23, Reputation: 3

Mar 9, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Well Talk With Ur Mom With Ur Sis And Pray Every Night 2 God Fo Help And Hoping Ur Parents Will Work Thing Out Have Faith Man
    airbats-goku Posts: 220, Reputation: 16

Mar 10, 2007, 01:38 PM
    Hang in there Harry. Divorce isn't always a bad thing. If your parents fight a lot then I think it would be harder to all live together. Sometimes when parents divorce and move apart it can allow them to keep their friendship and the fighting will stop or at least be limited. Talk to your parents about it. Tell them how you feel and that you are scared. Hopefully things will work out okay for you. You might need to make a tough choice though. You may need to decide which parent you want to live with. Ask them, if they decide to divorce, to seek joint custody.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2007, 02:02 PM
    First you may not know, and you mom my not be willing to tell you everything that is going on. There can be a lot of things happening you don't know anything about.

And just because your dad is saying he wants to work it out, it does not mean he really wants to, often it can mean he wants it to work it out on his terms.

And yes it changes everything but it does happen.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Mar 12, 2007, 06:49 PM
    Tell her how important it is to you and your sister that they make an effort to work things out. Any idea why she is being so stubborn?
    vlee Posts: 454, Reputation: 109

Mar 12, 2007, 11:18 PM
    I don't know how old you are, although you seem to have a mature nature. In the end, no one, not even children, really know what is going on in a marriage between teo people. There may be issues your parents want to shield you from. Perhaps you think your mum is stubborn, but really she may have valid reasons for wanting to keep the truth from you. My advice is to ask her privately. She may open up. She may not. The truth is that even though this is painful for you, it's painful for your parents too. Try to open up communication. That is all you can do. I wish you and your family the best.
    xxcodexx Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2007, 05:23 AM
    I under stand where your coming from because my moms the same, but talk wit her an tel her that you want them together an that things will work out between them. But another thing you have to thing about is your mom happy with your dad and the other way around.u have to see if from both sides just hope for the best good luck mate xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Splitting the W2 amounts for Dual-status return [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from India and was on F1 OPT status for first six months of 2006 and then on H1B visa for the remaining six months. My wages and federal taxes are mentioned in W2 as $36964 and federal taxes $4894. The wages in my F1 OPT status are $10639 and the federal tax is $1170. Do I have to...

Parents splitting up [ 5 Answers ]

Over the holidays my father informs us that he has been seeing someone for a few months now and is leaving my mother and little brother. My mom don't work and hasn't for years being a stay at home mom and she don't drive either. My father wants me, hubby and 2 kids ages 3&5 to move in with my...

Parents [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I just wanted to say my parents are splitting up, and I'm finding it really hard! I have moved away to a dance college and I get phone calls off my dad telling me to stay instead of coming home at weekends! But when I do come home he doesn't even talk to me! He just shakes his head as I walk...

Splitting sibling [ 5 Answers ]

can the court split 2 kids up when both of them are in state custody cause of the mother but the kids have different father only one child knows her father but the other child doesn't have a father at all cause the mother want tell the state who he is... 5 yr old girl... 1 yr old boy.

Splitting deduction interest & prop tax [ 3 Answers ]

My ex & I sold our home during our divorce in 2005. On my Schedule A, do I have a right to claim one half of the mortgage interest and property taxes paid during the time we owned it? What if I claim half and he claims the entire amount? We lost money on the sale. Is there a deduction for that?

View more questions Search