Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    safia shah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 07:32 AM
    Can I marry my mother own cousin?
    Can I merry my mother own cousin? Own cousin not step cousin purely own cousin
    Please respond me
    babygurl25 Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

May 31, 2012, 07:43 AM
    Not a good idea there is a possibility that your child could come out mentally retarded or deformed if you plan on having kids that would also hurt there social life you have to think of things like that but if you want to marry your cousin without kids then do so I don't agree with family marring family it seems odd
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2012, 08:33 AM
    Your mothers cousin is your second cousin and normally is OK to marry.

Some places in the US and other nations have laws restricting 1st cousins to marry, ( your own cousin) not moms cousin.

But in the US and other places even the restriction on 1st cousins are being lifted since there is little evidence of a great risk from this, while there is a increased risk it is not the high risk as it was proclaimed by groups years before.
    jenniepepsi Posts: 4,042, Reputation: 533
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2012, 09:44 AM
    Yes, In islam, Cousins are allowed. The Quran tells this specifically.

Prohibited to you (For marriage) are:- Your mothers, daughters, sisters; father's sisters, Mother's sisters; brother's daughters, sister's daughters; foster-mothers (Who gave you suck), foster-sisters; your wives' mothers; your step-daughters under your guardianship, born of your wives to whom ye have gone in,- no prohibition if ye have not gone in;- (Those who have been) wives of your sons proceeding from your loins; and two sisters in wedlock at one and the same time, except for what is past; for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful;-
    Qur'an 4:23

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am a muslim I have been forced by my parents to marry my cousin [ 4 Answers ]

I am a muslim I have been forced by my parents to marry my cousin and had I refused I would have been disowned by my parents I am now married to my cousin but the marriage doesn't seem to work I don't have feelings for him even though he is a nice guy but everything he does seems to annoy me I do...

Many non muslim ask that why you marry to your cousin sister since they call you "Bhaiya" [ 0 Answers ]

Assalam Alaikum, Many non muslim ask that why you marry to your cousin sister since they call you "Bhaiya". In islamic history many mulsim got married with their sisters and brothers when human beings were populated but now a days also we are getting married with our cousins and lot of non...

Dating my first cousin & want to marry him [ 9 Answers ]

Hi There, I am dating my first cousin (my dads elder brother son) for the past nine years. Which means we follow the same religion and cultural values. We really want to marry each other, but our main problems are as follows: 1 - we have a 10 years of age difference, I started dating him when...

View more questions Search