Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    juliereb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2012, 06:02 AM
    How to get my boyfriend to stop going out drinking, or start involving me in his life
    I'm 19, my boyfriend is 22, and he is always going out and drinking.
    He didn't originally do this when we started going out, but has started to now.
    I have caught him, on two occasions lying about going out. And I think he still does. He would cancel plans with me, saying he is sick or something, and then go out clubbing with his friends.
    I understand that he needs his own time, but he will go out, and get drunk with all of his single friends (which are sleazes and don't like me, and have tried to get him to cheat on me before), like 3 or 4 times a week.
    He doesn't get home until 5am most times and gets completely drunk!
    Once I even caught he leaving a bar with his mate and two other girls, when he was completely drunk, on their way to a club!
    On top of this he ignores me, won't return my calls or texts when he goes out and it hurts me so much.
    I have tried approaching this in every way. Nothing gets through to him. I've tried talking to him about my feelings, I've tried being logical and explaining how not going out will benefit him, I've tried being straight forward and he doesn't care. I've tried doing my own thing, and seeing how he feels when I do it to him, but still he doesn't care.
    Id be more than happy to go out with him, but he doesn't want me out. He never wants me to go out with him and his friends. I hate it.
    What do I do! How do I stop him going out, ignoring me, and not wanting me around?
    This is started to make me stress our and worry all the time, could he be cheating on me? Is that why he ignores me when he goes out.
    Help :(
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

May 31, 2012, 07:50 AM
    You'll never stop him, he doesn't seem like he wants to be controlled. The only thing you can do is leave. It seems drastic but in a case such as this communication can always trump walking out, however, seeing as you've already tried, and he's already lied, the only thing you can do is get the heck out of there before you waste anymore time on him. You can do so much better than that, trust me, we all can.

Best of luck!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2012, 08:30 AM
    You stop YOUR boyfriend from doing this by getting a new boyfriend, He is making choices and he prefers a single life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whenever I start drinking alcohol, I don't want to stop. [ 19 Answers ]

Whenever I start drinking alcohol, I don't want to stop until I've finished everything off, and if I could get more I probably would. I hate this feeling. When I'm not drinking, I am fine and don't feel any need to drink alcohol, but when I actually start, or we plan to go out and drink, I don't...

How do I STOP drinking? [ 68 Answers ]

Over the past year or so I've found myself having at least one drink a day. I enjoyed having a glass of wine or a beer with dinner or later on in the evening. Well, slowly, the number of drinks have increased and I can't seem to stop. I have one drink, and it feels so good to have that warm...

Looking for a movie involving a cheating boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie from 5 to 10 years ago, I think. I was set in a high school, there were three main charecters. Two of them were a guy and girl who were going out, but the guy started cheating on her with a younger gire, for some reason I think she was 15. Then the girl he is cheating...

Stop me drinking [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me how to quit alcohol I find it impossible, being battling it for years I don't like the AA tried rehab can stop for 4-5 days then the cravings get too much. Was thinking about anti- booze tablets but am afraid of the after effects or long term health problems:confused: :mad:

Stop drinking soda! [ 10 Answers ]

Has anyone else had trouble with soda? I want to STOP but it seems impossible, especially in the AM. I rarely drink and don't smoke (30yrs old and never even tried drugs) Dr. Pepper is my downfall! :eek:

View more questions Search