Please ans
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 31, 2012, 05:47 AM
    Let me google that for you
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 31, 2012, 05:07 PM
    Please expand your question to give us at least the context where these terms are being applied.

As written, the terms, "Active Power" and "Reactive Power" do not exist, and as such we cannot help you.

Also, as written, this sounds like it is a homework question which should be answered in your textbook. Check the Index under Power, also check the Glossary of your textbook.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Jun 2, 2012, 04:20 AM
    Don, apparently you did not click on the link provided by Curlyben

Quote Originally Posted by donf View Post
    As written, the terms, "Active Power" and "Reactive Power" do not exist, and as such we cannot help you.
    You will learn that the terms Active and Reactive Power do exist.

Before utility power suppliers knew how to handle power factor issues that their customers had due to their loads, they use to, and some may still, have two utility meters at a customers location, labeled Active and Reactive, one for kilowatt-hours, measuring watts and time, and another to measure power factor. They would charge customers for poor pF.

Now, most utilities only charge for kWh, and they have installed power factor correction systems in their distribution system, and let customers deal with poor Pf.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jun 2, 2012, 01:17 PM
    T.K.

This a weird situation. When I posted to this thread, Curly Ben's post was not there. Yet his response is clocked in way before my posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which Alkaline metal is most reactive? [ 2 Answers ]

Most elements are metals. These metals are divided into groups according to their properties.

C reactive protein [ 4 Answers ]

I just recently had a blood test as part of a routine annual physical. I was just informed that all my blood work was great except that my c reactive protein level was elevated! What exactly does this mean? I was only told that I have some kind of inflammation. I'm only 32 years old and somewhat...

Difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any difference between a Power Distribution Unit (PDU) and a Remote Power Panel (RPP) in context of data center? If yes, then what is it?. Thanks.

What's the difference between having sex and being sexually active? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a virgin but I was just wondering because I thought that having sex and being sexually active were the same thing but I read peoples posts and answers on here and I guess I was wrong.

Most reactive non-metal [ 2 Answers ]

What is the most reactive to the least reactive? Iodine, Bromine, and Chlorine

View more questions Search