Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MissHaley Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 10:47 AM
    I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT.
    HI,
    I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a clearblue digital pregnancy test this morning, and it was negative. It measures 50 mIU though. I know with my daughter I didn't find out until 6 weeks, but I really don't remember testing to early. Im wondering if pregnancy is still a possibility. I normally sit there and wait for my period to come, but this month I did not, and I am late. My husband and I have been trying by the way. I haven't been stressed about anything, I am overweight but that never affected me before. I am also only 21, so anything age related is out of the question. So I guess my question is what is going on? Is there anything else that could be causing me to be late? Thank you in advance.
    ghost56 Posts: 283, Reputation: 26

Feb 26, 2007, 11:00 AM
    You don't necessarily get the same symptoms with each pregnancy, in fact sometimes you don't get any symptoms at all, mild cramping can be a sign that your period is going to start, or could be ligaments stretching to make room for the fast growing uterus in pregnancy. Wait a few more days and re test,using the first urine you pass whenyou wake up in the morning. If that is negative and you still don't get your period, ask the doctor to take a pregnancy blood test, when you are at least 10 days late. Good luck.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Feb 26, 2007, 02:11 PM
    No matter what age you are, your body is always changing, and sometimes those hormones just throw you through a loop. However, since with your first child, your pregnancy didn't show up until 6 weeks, it is very possible that you are pregnant. Just from what I have personally heard from friends and acquaintances, it seems that women who don't show up right away on tests with their first pregnancy, it is likely to happen that way with subsequent pregnancies. However, don't quote me on that. Its just a personal observation. It might be time to pay your ob/gyn a visit. You can get an exam and possibly line up a blood test. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Negative test and pregnancy symptoms [ 14 Answers ]

I am so confused my periods are usually irregular I was supposed to of started my period around April 17 or so but, I had unprotected sex with my husband April 20th. I am not on birth control. Well on May 1st I had what I thought was my period and I think was my period but, it lasted 2 days. It...

Brownish wipe and 7 days late with no symptoms. [ 3 Answers ]

HELP PLEASE My girlfriend is late for her period about 7 days and she has no signs of being pregnant. We HAD protected sex, but midway through intercourse the condom split and I took it out carefully and quickly. I did not ejaculate for sure, I know about pre-. We did not continue to have sex, we...

Negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

I have Endometriosis and my GYN recommended me to stay on BC and not stop to have a period. I have done this for 2 years and came off my pills in December to get pregnant. I started having a few pregnancy symptoms and my period is late, but the HPT is negative. What should I do now? Do I wait for...

Recent miscarriage, now no period and sore nipples but negative hpt... [ 1 Answers ]

I miscarried 4 weeks ago and had a d&c I have had sensitive nipples for the last 10 days and I just have a feeling that I am pregnant. I have been extremely tired and very emotional and moody and irritible, I have had 3 experiences of stomach cramps last week. I have taken a hpt but it came back...

Positive HPT Negative Blood Test? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all - I am asking if anyone has ever experienced the following and what the outcome was. I took a HPT (e.p.t. +/-) at 11 dpo and 12 dpo and got a very clear faint positive within 30 sec. Two days later I was given a pos/neg blood test at my doctor's office and got a negative. However,...

View more questions Search