Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nutzz Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2012, 12:36 AM
    My mom's cheating on my dad
    My mom's cheating on my dad. I have caught her several times talking to men, rather a man, in a flirty way. She makes plans to go out and spend some time with him. For this she lies to us and dad of course. I had my doubts but yesterday I eavesdropped her talking to that man. They were talking about love and all. I could not bring myself to discuss this with someone I know although I did discuss this with my elder sister. She wants me to confront mom directly but I can not do that because after that we would never have the same relationship and respect.
    Moreover I don't want anyone to lose respect for my mom but it seems my sis already has lost it. I am in an utter state of confusion and don't know what to do.
    I feel bad for my dad because he is too good and I just don't know what to do about all this.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 31, 2012, 02:35 AM
    Is your older sis somewhere far away? Because ideally you would talk to mom together, in private. If not, I suggest that you work on what to say with your sis and then confront mom in a quiet, non 'confrontational' way. Just for your peace of mind, not because it's your burden to protect your dad. It isn't. He may know, he may not want to know, it may be something you have no idea about, such as he had a romance with another woman, or they plan to divorce. Spouses need to work out whatever goes on between them with each other.
    Just tell her what you have seen and heard on about 2 or 3 occasions and tell her it hurts, but try to keep anger out of your voice. Be prepared for ANY confusing response, from denial, to 'none of your business', to walking away. Hopefully if you are tender about it she will talk. The fact that she hasn't hidden it very well is an indication that she isn't really trying to be secretive, and may be glad to talk to you.
    3kidsnadog Posts: 9, Reputation: 5

Jun 1, 2012, 11:53 AM
    Wow... this is tough. I'm sorry that you are in this position... no easy answers for how to approach this subject. Do you want to talk to a counselor for advice on this one? Some outside perspective might help you to decide what you can/should do. Anyway, if you'd like, you can call Focus on the Family's counseling dept. 855-771-4357. They offer a free phone counseling session... just a thought. I work for Focus and know firsthand that the counselors there are helpful. I hope your family can get some good answers/advice... keep us posted, OK?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is cheating on my dad... Help.. [ 7 Answers ]

I don't know what to do... My mom is having an affair. I know because she has pictures of him and her kissing on her laptop, she talks to him in german on the phone, she goes on msn to talk to him. Today, we went to our house on the country side, only my mom and I, and when she was going to let me...

What do I do if my mom is cheating on my dad? [ 6 Answers ]

My parents have been married for almost 30 years. I thought they have been happily married this whole time but maybe I'm wrong. This is why I think my mom is cheating. She would be really secretive about things, like when I came into the room while she was on the computer, she would turn off the...

My mom is cheating on my dad [ 2 Answers ]

My uncle and mum are really close. I thought they were just friends but one time I went to my moms room to get some clothes out of there and there a lounge room when I walk past and I saw them doing something :s ... But I let it slide and tried to give my mom a look when I saw her the next...

Brother won't leave mom's house after mom's death [ 3 Answers ]

Hello My mother died recently. My brother is the executor of the estate. He lived with my mother prior to her death. The will clearly states that of all of mom's posssessions go into an estate, get sold and then be evenly distributed among six siblings. My brother is refusing to put the...

Can Dad refuse to pay Mom's debt [ 6 Answers ]

Can Dad legally post a disclaimer in the newspaper relinquishing responsibility for Mom's debt after xxx date? She refuses to stop spending money they don't have and is running them into debt again. Cutting up the credit cards didn't work. She got new ones. Dad's the sole provider. Mom doesn't...

View more questions Search