Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,490, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2012, 01:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogers19 View Post
    I just got a letter in the mail regarding the amount of money I need to pay for stealing. The lawyer from the store I stole from stated I could pay within a week or take it to court and there'd be court fees and all that. What happens if I pay the money, is it required of me go to a court hearing. And will i now have a criminal record?
    I can make another question with the letter he sent me if you don't understand.

Please Help me out.
    My recommendation... BORROW the money from someone to pay it back NOW... it will only get a lot more expensive if you don't.
    Rogers19 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 18, 2012, 01:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    My recomendation.....BORROW the money from someone to pay it back NOW.....it will only get a lot more expensive if you don't.
    Thank you very much! But I'm still wondering if I would have go to court, finger printing and get a criminal record.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2012, 02:17 PM
    If the letter says you can pay restitution OR take it to Court it means - either pay restitution OR the store will press charges.

Jun 18, 2012, 02:36 PM
    Thankyou very much! But I'm stil wondering if I would have go to court, finger printing and get a criminal record.
    Thank you thank you thank you! Can't thank you enough. I had so much stress about being able to fly out for my job! So in the long run it'd be better for me to pay.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 18, 2012, 03:02 PM
    You bet it would!

Jun 19, 2012, 10:38 AM
    This goes along with my previous question!
    "the retailer's right of civil recovery is separate and distinct from any criminal proceedings instituted by the police"

This incident happened on may 30th, would the police have contacted me by now to press charges ? Or will this later come...
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2012, 10:40 AM
    "the retailer's right of civil recovery is separate and distinct from any criminal proceedings instituted by the police"

This incident happened on may 30th, would the police have contacted me by now to press charges ? Or will this later come...
    Why didn't you post this IN your previous thread... how do we know which of the millions it was.. without having to research it.

Jun 19, 2012, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    Why didn't you post this IN your previous thread.....how do we know which of the millions it was..without having to research it.
    I could not find my last question. It doesn't show up in my alerts.
    Uber Member

Jun 19, 2012, 10:47 AM
    Click on profile by your name... on the window that opens click on my profile... on the window that opens then look for find all posts started by Rogers19

There are two links, one for every post you answered and for every thread you started...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I got caught stealing: I'm 18 [ 6 Answers ]

I got caught stealing yesterday and I am 18. I stole 270 worth of clothing from Von Maur and they told me they would not put me in jail. They gave me a misdeamenor and this is my first offense. I am very scared about the consequences of the outcome of the court and need some advice on how to...

People who got caught stealing in Calgary? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, my sister and me got caught shoplifting from Winners and now we have to go to the police for fingerprints, and later to court, is there any advise for us about we can do or said, we regret so much for what we have done, we are truly very sorry, and I haven't been able to sleep or think...

Caught stealing [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. I did the same mistake as you. I ate a couple of chocolate bars in zellers and the police gave me a ticket for 65 dollars, but he said that it will not stick on my record. However, I don't know as to how much I am going to pay zellers- 100? Or more? Any ideas?

Spouse caught stealing money [ 12 Answers ]

I am currently going through divorce and I finally received my wife's "Notice to Produce" documents and going through them I found that she has had a separate checking, saving and credit card account sent to her parents house that I was completely unaware of. The statements go back to 2006 it is...

Caught stealing makeup at K-Mart [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter got caught stealing makeup at K- mart , it's the first time, she had just turned 18. But they sent me a letter from a law firm for K-mart that we had to pay a 500.00 fine. We did not pay it and will not. This was separate from the court , at court they gave her a Number to call to...

View more questions Search