Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bectroy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 09:16 AM
    Heat stuck on
    Here we are at the end of winter and wanted to put the A/C on to get some humidity out of the house(florida) When I turn the a/c on it blows heat. It isn't just not cooling it is actually blowing heat. Haven't had a/c on since October and the heat has been on and off since then. Is this possibly a switch that goes from heat to ac gone bad?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2007, 12:00 PM
    Yes it is possible. We may need a little more information on what kind of a system you have. Is it a heat pump? If you need help on that, it might be best to go to the sticky at the top of the forum.
    SuperTyphoon Posts: 85, Reputation: 5

Feb 26, 2007, 03:08 PM
    You haven't use AC since October, and you're in Florida! Yikes! I haven't used the heat at all this year (but I am in Ft Lauderdale).

You must be very far up north.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Whalen Heat Pump - no heat! [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, I live in a condo and have a Whalen Heat Pump. I changed the thermostat to a Noma digital programmable model (model # 52-255808) in the summer time. The A/C works well and the fan works well, but I did not test for heat as it was summer when I installed it. Well, now that the weather is...

Day & Night by Carrier fan blower motor stuck on and heat doesn't work [ 22 Answers ]

:confused: Day & Night by Carrier central heating and a/c unit a/c unit model # 518CXX057000MACA date of mgf=1791 heating unit model# 394JAZ060080AAFA date of mgf=4592 Efficiency= natural draft? Type= forced air

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

Changing from gas heat to electric heat [ 3 Answers ]

How do you change from Apollo gas heating system to electric heating system?

Electric heat pump auxilery heat problem [ 4 Answers ]

Equipment: Trane XL1400 4 years old Auxilery heat: Strips... 2 -60Amp circuits Filters changed every 30 days I cleaned outdoor unit summer 2006, as every year. Thermostat: Honeywell Chromotherm II Problem: I have been noticing at times the aux heat kicking in at times I think it should not....

View more questions Search