Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salemroofer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2012, 09:17 AM
    Motor wiring
    I have an old GE motor "Home Laundry motor" model 5KH45HD178X, code P,
    NPRZ, 1/3 hp. I would like to change its rotational direction. It has 4 terminals labeled Y, BL, V, and W. Currently it is hooked up to the plug with two wires, one to Y and one to W. Also how can I add a ground ?

Check out some similar questions!

I have a Jandy 2 speed motor to replace a 1 speed motor - help with wiring [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Jandy 2 speed motor to replace a 1 speed motor and need help with wiring. Before removing the old motor, I wrote down the colors of the wires to the old motor terminals (L2 blue, l1 black). Both went to a timer (black on position 2 of timer, blue on position4 of timer). The new...

Emerson motor condenser wiring replacing 3 wire motor with 5 wire. [ 5 Answers ]

Any recommendations? New motor apparently is capable of running in either direction by switching brown and purple wires going to the capacitor. Looks like then either the remaining brown or purple is spliced to or hooked up to the same terminal as the yellow. Thanks.

How to read motor wiring connections on motor data tag [ 1 Answers ]

How to read motor wiring connections on motor data label for high and low voltage

New Fan Motor - WIRING issue - not the same as old motor - SIBERIANAIR - are you here? [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 7 year old Trane XE 1000 and 2 days ago the fan simply stopped spinning. It has been determined that it is the fan motor. I went and bought a new one but this motor comes with 4 wires (Black, White, Brown and Brown with White stripe). The old motor came with three wires which were Purple,...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.