Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pu22u0li89 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 08:45 AM
    He doesn't want a relationship?
    My ex boyfriend and I broke up a few months ago. Then after a certain amount of separation we decided to be friends. Now its been almost 3 months. We talked last night and I told him that I was crazy about him. He said that he had feelings for me too, and that he wanted to get closer again and take things slow, which is awesome. But then he said that he didn't want to date me again? Like in a relationship? I understand that we're leaving for college in 6 months, but I really want him all to myself. (because there's this other girl that likes him, and he's trying to decide if he likes her) if I wait a few weeks and he still doesn't want that, I'll just do no contact and move on. He's just worried about getting into to somethingn too serious, or too stressful since we're leaving, but I know that wouldn't happen. Can I prove that to him?
    But as of right now, is there any way to almost manipulate him into going out with me? Like I said, I'm not stupid, I won't just wait forever if he truly doesn't want that. But I know that it wouldn't be stressful, and I really want us to give it a shot. We truly care about each other and its not enough to just be friends. He was an amazing boyfriend, and I want that back :( how, over the next few weeks, can I get him to think it's a good idea? (without being blunt because we agreed to just be chill over the next few weeks and "see what happens")
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Feb 26, 2007, 09:42 AM
    He doesn't want to date. If you force the issue you aren't going to get what you want.

There's another girl he might want to date? Fine. There are going to be a lot of new people around him, and really, I think its silly to get too hung up on one person this young. I did it. I got burned. Most do. But if he is curious about other people, as he should be, you are going to spend a lot of time and energy fighting something which is natural and healthy.

So id not drive myself crazy trying to keep him. He knows you. He knows what you're about. It isn't easy, but probably better for him to not date you, to see other people, and then if he returns to you... then you know its strong. And in the meantime, you don't wait around for him either.

Be friends first. That's the foundation of a lasting relationship anyway.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
    Sorry, there are no magic potions or tricks to make someone be with you. It would be far better to relax and back off and let things flow. You might want him back but if he doesn't want to, accept it and move ahead with your life. It takes two to have a relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

He Just doesn't Get It [ 43 Answers ]

I dated this guy back in the day. I really liked him and then he acted like a jerk to me. He broke up with me to go out with some girl he had been trying to get with for a while. Well everyonce in awhile he calls here to find out how Im doing. He keeps bringing up taking me out to dinner, and...

She doesn't know what she wants? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi - I`m new to this site. I saw some really sound advice on other topics so I thought I`d see if anyone has some good advice for me on my problem. I have been seeing my girlfriend for 13months. We have sort of split up but things are still up in the air and I`m not sure what to do for the best. ...

He doesn't Want Me ! [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 5 years now ! We first met in a club, and start pretty hot and heavy! Soon after the passion died down as did the sex. Ive always been the one to want it more, and in the past he blamed his unwillingness on alcohol, saying alcohol makes him tired and not...

Why doesn't anyone like me? [ 6 Answers ]

Im 16 now and I've got to the point where I want a relationship, But I've never had any interests, I feel its my fault that I don't get out enough to look for guys, Most just become my friends :) , I like a certain guy but I am really shy about talking to him, he works with one of my...

Does he or doesn't he? [ 66 Answers ]

About 6 months ago my fiancée, told me he fancied a friend of ours - I took it very much to heart, he promised nothing nothing every happened he said he told me because he wanted to be totally honest with me. So I've accepted that and moved on and I also learnt to respect his honesty. Anyway.. 2...

View more questions Search