Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lala_Stefani Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 09:21 PM
    I want to be adopted
    I want to be adopted but I'm scared because I don't know how my mother would feel if I told her that... but I just can't stand the things we go through... and its killing me inside... I cry all the time and I feel its getting to the point that its unsafe for my health... because now I have bad head aches... Im 15 years old and shouldn't be this sad and unhappy... what should I do?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 09:30 PM
    So what's going on that distresses you so much?

May 29, 2012, 09:40 PM
    We've been kicked out of 4 houses so far this past year... and now we are staying with my other grandma for now and I don't know if that will last long... plus my mom has 5 kids... girls to be exact... my mom has no job so things we need we beg people for like clothes or shoes... sometimes my granny buys us what she can and that's not often... none of our family likes my mom or her kids.. so there's no support there... My father could care less about me... so there's no support there... then when my mom gets mad she says she doesn't want me and my sisters anymore and all kind of hurtful things... but she says she only says it because she's tired of worrying about where her kids are going to lay their head at night... and it all stresses me out
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 09:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lala_Stefani View Post
    we've been kicked out of 4 houses so far this past year
    Why?
    my mom has no job
    Why not?
    none of our family likes my mom or her kids
    Why not?
    so there's no support there
    What about public aid and section 8 housing?
    My father could care less about me
    Where is he? Why isn't the court making him pay support?

May 29, 2012, 10:02 PM
    My mom has been looking but no one has called her back.. plus we don't have a car so no transportation if she did have a job... um.. im clueless on why our whole family does not like us... we've never did anything to them but help them... they just don't want to help us they rather see us doing bad... they said they hope we'd end up homeless... so yea they really don't like us... my mom got kicked off section 8 a year or two ago because of one of our land lords... my father is supposed to pay child support but he doesn't pay it.. and he just doesn't care about paying it.. and he lives in east st.louis,Illinois... while we live in st.louis,Missouri...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 10:04 PM
    How old are you? You do realize a lot of this makes no sense. I'm wondering if you really understand the problems and solutions. Your mom needs to find and get help from a social worker.

Why did the landlord kick her off section 8?

If your father doesn't pay, your mom goes to court to get him to pay.

May 29, 2012, 10:05 PM
    I'm 15.. and how does it not make sense...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 10:11 PM
    Why did the landlord kick her off section 8?

If your father doesn't pay, your mom goes to court to get him to pay. I'm in Illinois. If a deadbeat day doesn't pay support, he loses his driver's license and maybe even goes to jail.

May 29, 2012, 10:19 PM
    Our landlord didn't kick us off section 8... it was because of our landlord that she got kicked off section 8.. I forgot why...

The situation with my father... umm... my mom has been asking them what are they going to do about him not paying and I don't know what their response has been.. but this has been going on for a long time now so I don't know that situation
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 10:22 PM
    Section 8 is a federal housing program. Landlords can't get you kicked off. Or if they try, they'd better have a good reason like prostitution or drug traffic/sales in the apartment.

Your mom needs to go after your dad for support, especially is there are five kids. Good grief!

May 29, 2012, 10:26 PM
    I rememeber my mom saying something about some paperwork she gave the landlord to turn in and she didn't turn it in... something like that... My mom only has 3 by him and my other 2 sisters share a dad and their dad pays his child support.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 10:29 PM
    Not turning in paperwork shouldn't get your mom kicked out. Something is wrong about that.

Does your mom have a social worker to help her? If not, why not?

May 29, 2012, 10:34 PM
    I really don't know too much about that situation... well I think she just started talking to a social worker because she mentions her sometimes...
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 10:37 PM
    Well, if she isn't, she should. It will fix the housing problem and the money problem and give her an opportunity to unload her concerns on that person or a counselor that the social worker recommends. Most of what your family is up against is fixable.

May 29, 2012, 10:39 PM
    OK.. thanks for your help and advice
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 29, 2012, 10:47 PM
    I'm a counselor and have worked as a sort of social worker.

Let me know what happens. Okay?

May 29, 2012, 10:54 PM
    Okay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! I think I am adopted! [ 4 Answers ]

I never thought about this before because there was concrete evidence proving I was not adopted. But all that was shattered a few hours ago with my mothers drunken words. She through a big bomb shell on me previously while she was in a drunken state iswell. My evidence that I was not adopted was...

I want to be adopted [ 17 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

How do I know if I was adopted [ 1 Answers ]

Ask your parents.

View more questions Search