Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eagle15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 12:17 PM
    Polymer Pool Wall patch or replacement
    I have an inground pool with polymer walls. The walls were damaged during a recent tornado and I would like to patch the holes. All the pool repair companies want to patch the holes with either lexan or stainless steel sheeting. I would prefer to backfill and patch the holes with bondo or gorilla glass. Is this feasible? Will bondo, gorilla glass, or fiberglass stick to the polymer wall?

Thank you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 29, 2012, 12:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle15 View Post
    I have an inground pool with polymer walls. The walls were damaged during a recent tornado and I would like to patch the holes. All teh pool repair companies want to patch the holes with either lexan or stainless steel sheeting. I would prefer to backfill and patch the holes with bondo or gorilla glass. Is this feasable? Will bondo, gorilla glass, or fiberglass stick to the polymer wall?

Thank you.
    Bondo is inappropriate around water... and gorilla glass isn't all that much different... and no.. its unlikely it sticks to a polymer anyway...

I'd listen to what the pool places recommend... they know what will actually work and the right way to do it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to patch large hole on the bottom of the pool ? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been asked by my customer to install 2nd drain on the bottom of her pool. I will need to cut about 5 feet long x 12 inches wide x 16" deep block of concrete from the bottom of the pool, excavate and expose existing drain pipe, split the drain into two and install two drain heads. Now, how...

Repair coping for Polymer wall pool [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 24' round inground pool where the coping is molded to the Polymer walls.The coping pieces are cracked through the top in several spots on each coping section.The pool was built in the late 70's or early 80's. I'm the 3rd owner and have no literature on the pool.Just wondering if anyone...

After cement patch, can I paint inground pool walls and not use a pool liner [ 1 Answers ]

Existing pool liner has come off (bought home with pool as is) cement patches needed. I want to just paint the cement and fill the pool. Is that doable, or do I need the pool liner.

Damp Patch on bedroom wall [ 2 Answers ]

We have a damp patch in my daughters bedroom, that is in the middle of the wall. It does NOT touch the top (all our gutters and soffits were replaced last year), but part of it does go towards the window. It does get bigger when it rains. It is currently about 3ftX3ft. I have checked the loft and...

Trying to patch hole at drainage in vynal inground pool [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 8ft vynal inground pool. I drained it almost all the way with the exception of 2ft which keeps leaking in through the hole in the liner located at the drain. I have put it on waste but it will not drain all the water,:confused: :confused: so I purchased c sump pump and can't seem to get...

View more questions Search