Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LAWRIE Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 09:26 AM
    Fan capacitors of 2.25 MFD
    Date: 29-05-2012.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I had purchased six ceiling fans, ( 2 fans of 56", 3 fans of 48" and 1 fan of 42" ) about three years back. Initially all these fans worked fine at normal speed, but recently for the last 7-8 months, one fan of 56" and another fan of 48" started becoming slow. The speed of only these two fans are slow. The other three fans are fine. I reside in Mumbai, India.

I changed the fan regulators, but did not see any change in the speed. Their speed remained low. Then I enquired with my friend. He told me to change the capacitors and the speed will increase. He told me to try capacitors of 2.25 MFD or 3 MFD.

Now please provide me some proper technical advice and guidance as to what I should do to increase the speed of my two fans, 48" & 56".

1. Of what MFD Capacitors should I use for 48" fan?
    2. Of what MFD Capacitors should I use for 56" fan?
    3. Can I use any other higher MFD Capacitors for these fans?
    4. Or is there any other reason for the slow rotation of blades of these two fans.

Kindly provide me this technical information at the earliest and oblige me.

Kind regards.

Lawrence Fernandes.

Check out some similar questions!

450 mfd capacitor replaced by a 370 mfd [ 4 Answers ]

I don't very much about capacitors but I have a supplier that insists that a 40 mfd 370 VAC rated running capacitor can adequately replace a 40 mfd 450 VAC rated one. Based on what I read, a starting capacitor can vary by up to 10% but that running capacitors must be matched perfectly.

Hunter Infinity ceiling fan capacitors [ 0 Answers ]

My father has a 20+ year old Hunter ceiling fan that stopped working and purchased new capacitors but he misplaced the hand written wiring diagram. This fan has a 3 speed pull chain switch and a 4 wire capacitor (dual 5 microfarads) with 2 grey wires, 1 brown wire, and 1 green wire. Also, it has...

Can I use a 35/3 mfd 440v dual run cap in place of a 35/3 mfd 370v? [ 4 Answers ]

The dual run cap on my central a/c condensing unit went bad (had a hole in the side of it, leaking). It was a 35/3 mfd 370v dual run. I ordered one on eBay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150483022031&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT, and I have installed it. The contacter is working,...

Fan motor capacitors [ 2 Answers ]

I replaced the fan motor and capacitor on my inside unit last year. I have alread;y replaced the capacitor once this year. Yesterday the motor would kick on, but barely turn and not really blow any air. I looked at the unit and the coils were frosted solid, so I turned off the unit. I plan to...

Capacitors for a ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know where I can buy a capacitor for a Hampton Bay ceiling fan? Home Depot and Lowe's don't carry them. The problem that I am having is that the ceiling fan only has one speed. I changed out the switch but it is still running on one speed. I was wondering if it is the capacitor. Hope...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.