Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dravo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2007, 02:41 AM
    Tenant/Landlord contract wording
    I rent an apartment that is shared by 3 other people. We each have our own room and restroom and share a common area that consists of a living room and kitchen. The rent covers electricity up to a certain amount. The contract says $35.00 PER BEDROOM/COMMON AREA (INCLUDED IN CONTRACT RATE). The landlord says that this is $140 and charges renters for going over this amount. I believe that it would be $140 for the individual rooms, but there would be another $35 for the common area but I want to know if this would be a correct assessment.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 26, 2007, 06:29 AM
    I can see where you might feel the way you do. But what the lease is really saying is $35 per tenant, not per room.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Landlord and Tenant (Complaints) [ 6 Answers ]

Somebody I know has problems with a landlord. Tenants below them complain about noise going on everyday from 10 pm until 4 am in the morning. After one complaint. The landlord called up and said to keep it down if not they will have to take other action. No one complains for no reason and the...

Landlord/Tenant [ 6 Answers ]

Landlord is suing me in small claims court, for not providing a written notice, damage to Unit, Garbage disposal and for unpaid rent, I did give two months verbal notice, did not damage unit, have all copies of cheques paid and a letter from One of the partner stating I have paid my rent on time...

Landlord Tenant [ 6 Answers ]

I have a problem with my landlord and the association and I need your assistance. The property is in North Brunswick, NJ In June, my landlord received a letter, dated June 16th, stating that I have placed some miscellaneous items (Couple of buckets and a mop stick) on the deck of my rented...

Tenant vs. Landlord, VA [ 4 Answers ]

This one is a bit complicated... any help would be greatly appreciated... I was told by a woman I was working with that she had a house I could move in to and pay her "whatever" for the moment because she was paying the mortgage and it was empty. Something is better than nothing. I moved in...

View more questions Search