Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Marion nelis Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 01:43 AM
    Panasonic TV from new Zealand doesn't work in Australia
    We moved to mackay Queensland, bringing our Panasonic viera TH- 42pz850az, unfortunately it doesn't work here. We can switch it on, but it won't tune,
    Have had a professional aerial man out, replaced the aerial and connectors,
    Can you help
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

May 30, 2012, 05:24 PM
    It's entirely possible, if it worked fine in New Zealand, that Australia uses a different tuner.

After some very quick research, it appears New Zealand uses Freeview, whereas Australia uses DVB-T. So the tuner is not compatible. It looks like your best option would be to get a tuner box/set-top box.'

EDIT: And not seconds later do I realize that Freeview uses DVB-T and DVB-S. *facepalm*

Does your TV not pick up any stations at all? Do other TVs work?

Also check Panasonic's website for firmware updates (sometimes this might fix issues similar to the one you are having).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I renew a New Zealand passport in Australia? [ 6 Answers ]

Who do I contact to renew my New Zealand passport in Australia

PR to Australia or New Zealand [ 0 Answers ]

Hi... I am a banker (branch manager) and would like to know that is there any scope of getting a Job in Australia or New Zealand in banking industry? What would be ideal job ex required and how many points would I require to directly get PR

Renew new zealand passport when living in australia? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi is there a phone number I can call within australia to renew my new zealand passport?? and how long does the renewal process take??

I am a US Citizen who wants to work in Europe, Australia or New Zealand. Any advice? [ 7 Answers ]

I want to experience life by working in Europe, Australia or New Zealand. I am looking for something in the film industry, preferably as a Production Assistant, sales or hospitality. I am an extrovert who enjoys engaging people in conversations and is willing to pitch in and do whatever is needed...

Sailing from Australia to New Zealand [ 1 Answers ]

I want to board a sailingyacht to sail from Australia to New Zealand. Where do I find sites to find a boat?

View more questions Search