Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reneehehehe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 11:01 PM
    His dad wants joint LEGAL CUSTODY
    Hello I live in ca I have a baby that is 9months old and his dad wants joint LEGAL CUSTODY as well as joint PHYSICAL CUSTODY I don't want him to see my child at all because it all started when I was pregnant he would tell me you kill it or I will kill it and when he found out it was 2late he was saying he wanted me to get adoption paperwork so he can sing it because he wanted nothing to do with the baby then after the baby was born I asked him if he could buy a pack of wipes for the baby and its only like $5.00 and he told me no that he was not going to buy the kid anything I was like OK whatever I will never ask you again and he also is very physically, verbally, and emotionally abusive to me now the last time I seen him I was holding my kid and he pushed me then he took my kid and started walking away and I flowed behind him and when he was holding my kid he hit me across the face now with all that being said what are my chances of getting full legal and full physical custody of my child and do you think he will get any Visitation ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2012, 03:40 AM
    I'm going to tell you what the first thought the judge will think of. This man was OK to have sex with, but not OK to be a father to your child?

You are going to have to prove conclusively, that he made those threats and may be a danger to the child. You are going to have to prove he was violent to you (did you file a police report). If you can't prove it, then yes he can get joint custody and visitation. The best you can hope for then is supervised visitation.

And you should have filed for child support. You owe it to your child.
    reneehehehe Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 09:05 AM
    Yes I dd file a police report and I am also getting child support.and after he hit me I filed a restraining order because I could not get his address I did not get a full one but its in the courts and the father also has a felony for assault with a deadly weapon he got it he got it like 4years ago
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 29, 2012, 09:22 AM
    Ok, that will certainly help. He probably won't get more than supervised visitation if that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint legal custody [ 6 Answers ]

I share joint legal custody of my 15 year old son with my father. I pay them child support, but they won't involve me in any decisions that are made for him, but I am still expected to pay anything his medical card doesn't cover without being consulted. They even kicked him out and he was living...

In joint legal custody does can one parent get primary physical custody? [ 1 Answers ]

My child's father is in military and in order to get housing needs to show he will have baby for 50% of yr... in order to do so he needs custody but I'm not trying to give up my legal rights as her mother... what can we do?

Primary physical custody and joint legal custody [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his wife are divorced now, they have joint legal custody mother has primary physical custody because my son is in the military and he was told that she had to have primary physical custody in order to enroll the child in school. However she doesn't have my son listed as a contact person...

Joint Legal Custody [ 2 Answers ]

The custodial parent informed me that our child may need major surgery. She informed me she took our child to an appt for an exam. She then said she was getting a second opinion. She did not provide me with any information on the first appt or give me the option of going to the appt. Now she is...

View more questions Search