Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dspan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 09:51 PM
    .05 reading
    What would it mean if I blew a .05 on a breathalyzer, and then took an ETG test and passed it. I hadn't been drinking so the ETG test should prove my innocence right. What could have cause my blowing .05?
    slut_bangr Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 02:39 AM
    Mints, gum, mouthwash, can all have brutal numbers pop up on a breathalizer. If you have it documented by whomever performed the secondary exam, you should have no problems should you decide to go to court and plead not guilty... also, there's a secondary loophole, I don't know if its nationwide thing, or, a time limited freebie that alcoholics are being rewarded with or what, but I just recently watched my friend get off from dui charges, by pleading not guilty, than requesting verification that the equipment used for his breathalizer exam had been callibrated to function properly within 90 days prior to his over the limit read out.. apparently the absence of that evidence is evidence of your absence to the charges filed..
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2012, 05:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by dspan View Post
    What would it mean if I blew a .05 on a breathalyzer, and then took an ETG test and passed it. I hadn't been drinking so the ETG test should prove my innocence right. What could have cause my blowing .05?
    Breathalyzer (BrAC) should not be a singular test. Many things can cause an errant reading. It should have been followed about 10-15 minutes later with a second reading. Was that done?

Second, an EtG test would not prove that the BrAC was errant or that you had not been drinking unless is was properly timed. That is about 5 hours following the BrAC.

Depending on who is administering these tests the second factor may not even be known to them so you could be exonerated by the EtG. The mere fact that EtG was used to confirm a BrAC points to a lack of knowledge on the part of the administering agent. The proper confirmatory test was blood and/or urine.
    dspan Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2012, 07:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    Breathalyzer (BrAC) should not be a singular test. Many things can cause an errant reading. It should have been followed about 10-15 minutes later with a second reading. Was that done?

Second, an EtG test would not prove that the BrAC was errant or that you had not been drinking unless is was properly timed. That is about 5 hours following the BrAC.

Depending on who is administering these tests the second factor may not even be known to them so you could be exonerated by the EtG. The mere fact that EtG was used to confirm a BrAC points to a lack of knowledge on the part of the administering agent. The proper confirmatory test was blood and/or urine.
    Ya it was taken 2 hours after the BAC reading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does reading random thing in internet, is the equivalent to reading books? [ 2 Answers ]

They say that reading books is good. I'm not very smart perhaps because I don't read many books. I've almost never read a whole book from start to end. And I'm in my 30's. But I do read a lot of stuff in the web. But mostly short things. Not like long full books. But isn't it the same thing? Or...

Reading [ 23 Answers ]

I am not a great reader and I would like to get better at ithow can I get better at reading

Re reading [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone can do me a reading here ? Please

Am I reading too much into this? [ 4 Answers ]

First of all thanks for any opinions I get on this. I have been married for 3 years and have known him for over 4. During our dating period he cheated on me, (2 times) I caught him, and was ready to leave, he convinced me to give him another chance he loved me and wanted to change. I must say...

View more questions Search