Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nermin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 05:56 PM
    LED light hookup to transformer fails
    I am trying to make a lamp using an LED puck light. When I plug my "contraption" into the wall, the LED light goes really bright and then shuts off. Something needs to be tamed! :-)

The Transformer label says:
    12V STep Down Electronic Transformer, Class 2, Maxload=60W, Minload=10W, Input=120V 60Hz, Output=12V 10-60W

The LED Light label says:
    Input=12V DC, Transformer input=120v-60Hz, Transformer ouput=12V DC 6W Max

The nice guy at Home Depot said it should work. The wiring is set up correctly, but something is too strong! I have attached a picture (I hope).
    Can anybody help?
    Attached Images

jerro Posts: 172, Reputation: 5

May 28, 2012, 07:20 PM
    If your led light says transformer input 120v and transformer output 12v DC then it probably already has a built in transformer. The led light uses DC (direct current) power (input=12v dc) your transformer you connected it to probably produces 12v AC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Igniter fails to light gas [ 1 Answers ]

It seems that the igniter will glow three times before the gas will ignite.

LED Lights delay and transformer blows [ 2 Answers ]

I have a light circuit with 6 x 3W LED lights (all the same) on it and 1 transformer per pair of lights. When I switch them on there is a slight delay of about 1/10th of a second before the last 2 lights come on. Not a problem in itself, however, the transformer on these last 2 lights has blown...

I would like to add remote control to my pool light (Hayward LED light). [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to add remote control to my pool light (Hayward LED light). I have a indoor 15 amp remote control but it does not have ground to it. It's a 2 prong box to connect to a wall outlet and then an appliance or lights to allow the remote to turn it off or on. How can I use it to power on...

Hunter Park Hill Type 2 - Remote LED light on, but Light/Fan not working? [ 2 Answers ]

Remote Control LED light is on, but the Hunter Park Hill Type 2 Model 20578 Light or Fan will not work... why?

Four way light fixture fails to function [ 0 Answers ]

I have an entry way ceiling light that we are replacing. That light is controlled by three other switches and works fine. I removed the old light from the ceiling and installed a new light. The old light had many wires coming out of it, the new light fixture only has two. There are three wires...

View more questions Search