Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pamelar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
    Can you drill holes in ceiling joist which supports the upstairs floor
    Can you drill holes in ceiling joist which supports the upstairs master bedroom to rewire a kitchen without compromising the support of the upstairs?
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

May 28, 2012, 06:24 PM
    Yes,
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I drill a hole through a main floor joist [ 3 Answers ]

I now I can drill holes and run wire through floor joists, but can I drill holes and run wire through a main floor joist this main floor joist is thicker than all the other joist?

Drilling holes in ceiling joist [ 5 Answers ]

I am drilling holes through a 2x6 ceiling joist. How many 12/2 wires can you run through a 7/8" hole? I am drilling the hole in the center of the 2x6 (width wise). Where is the best to drill the hole length wise? Thank you for your help.

Want to add a bath upstairs,just sink and toilet,what is the code for floor joist, ky [ 2 Answers ]

Want to add a bath upstairs, just a sink and toilet, need to know the code in Kentucky for floor joist, don't know if what is there now is enough, thanks for any help

Drilling holes in floor joist [ 5 Answers ]

Hi ,I want to move a 3" abs ventpipe in a floor space. The floor joists are 2X10 and near the supporting wall .Can I drill the joist? Do I need to use plywood or 2X10 to sister the floor joist to make up for the weakening .thanks bman55golf

What kind of drill do I need to use to drill holes for 1 1/2" pvc plumbing. [ 6 Answers ]

I'm running 1 1/2" pvc for a basement bathroom vanity and a wet bar. Do I need to get a Forstner bit or is just a regular hole saw best for drilling my 2x6 wall studs? Also, is 2" the correct size, or should I go to 2 1/8" or 2 1/4".

View more questions Search