Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam512 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
    Owner financing
    I own 10 acres in Arkansas. Due to a pending divorce, I need to sell it, but all I've gotten so far are people who are wanting owner financing. I have no idea how or where to even begin this process. I'm not desperate to sell it, just something else to split the property and the money. It is in both of our names. It is paid for and I have the deed. Is owner financing worth it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2012, 05:23 PM
    Two ways to owner finance, one, you actually deed it to them, and then you or you and your wife, or your wife would hold the loan and receive payments.

If you do that, the actual loan is still value and has to be split up at divorce.

The other is to sell on a "contract for deed" but in that you and your soon to be ex will still own the property till it is totally paid for. And that still puts it into the divorce.

Really unless someone is going to pay cash or they can get their own loan, just let it be divided up at the divorce.
    Tracey Lew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2012, 10:05 PM
    I have a home that was purchased under owner financing, I paid closing cost, my name as well as a former roommate are on the contract. Since they are not paying and not staying how can I remove their name if they won't consent to a quit claim deed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owner Financing [ 4 Answers ]

We've been trying to sell our old house since Nov of last year but so far every offer we've had has been "Owner Financing". Meanwhile, we're stuck paying two mortgages and are getting very desperate to get rid of this house. Our concern is if we do agree to an owner finance loan, what if the...

Owner financing [ 2 Answers ]

I want to owner finance my house to someone and I have a mortgage on it now. Can I do that simply and legally.

Owner Financing [ 1 Answers ]

I recently took a course in Wholesale Buying. For the life of me, I can not understand how owner financing works. Can this be broken down to were it makes sense to me?

Owner financing [ 2 Answers ]

I have a tenant who is very interested on buying our house but cannot qualify for a loan due to debt ration and maybe low fico score. We have a mortgage on the house and their rent covers the payment. I would like to sell it but having a hard time finding a qualified buyer and this tenant has be...

Owner financing [ 20 Answers ]

I'm the seller, doing owner financing, which has turned out to be a nightmare! I had legal contracts that were checked out by an attny. It has been a year, they only made the min. pmts, no deposit or down pmt. But seemed to take exc. Care of the property and seemed very happy there. Without...

View more questions Search