Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tandybear Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2012, 10:16 AM
    700 vs 750 millivolt thermostat for wall gas furnace saf-aire by stewart warner
    All the new thermostats I have found that are "millivolt" say they are for 750 millivolt and the existing one I am trying to replace says it is 700.

Can I install a 750 millivolt thermostat on this wall furnace?

If not, please suggest where I can get a 700 MV thermostat.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

May 28, 2012, 12:06 PM
    Any 750 millivolt stat will work just fine as long as the thermopile/powerpile is still in good working order.

May 28, 2012, 08:19 PM
    Thanks!
    The current thermostat works, but is old and case is broken, so I assume we should not have any problem as long as we get the correct type.
    Plumbing Expert

May 29, 2012, 03:35 PM
    Yep, should be fine.

Jun 8, 2012, 09:03 AM
    Installed a honeywell heat only 750 millivolt and it works fine.
    Plumbing Expert

Jun 8, 2012, 05:20 PM
    Hey, glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Stewart warner saf-aire wall heater - replacing thermostat; turning it off [ 3 Answers ]

Have older wall gas heater (stewart warner saf-aire). It does not seem to have a way to turn it off (for the summer). Also am trying to replace the old thermostat. Bought a honeywell heat only simple termostat. Went to install and cannot find a way to turn off power to the thermostat like the...

Very old Stewart Warner a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to verify the AGE of an old A/C. It is a Stewart Warner that was made in Lebanon Indiana. The tag says it's a model C-200-CA and the serial number is # 6044385. Any help would be appreciated as it could win the owner a NEW A/C unit !

I don't know to light pilot or turn on my stewart warner saf-aire wall heater [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought this house with a Stewart Warner saf-aire wall heater and I don't know how to operate it. I need to print a manual of some sort.

Saf-aire heater parts [ 2 Answers ]

We have a stewart-warner 'saf-aire' gas burning room heater and I would like to know if there are any manuals and parts to repair them anywhere in existants. Thank-you for any help with this matter

Attaching a millivolt wired thermostat to a gas fireplace? [ 4 Answers ]

Replaced my battery operated thermostat which operates a gas fireplace with a wired/battery millivolt white rodgers 1F87-361 thermostat. I can't get the system to recognize each other? Ideas?

View more questions Search